Active FX Not As Bad As I Thought - Birmingham, MI

I'm a 40+ chicken with some wrinkling and...

I'm a 40+ chicken with some wrinkling and sagging around the eyes starting, freckles, and large pores, too. I tried Retin-A and all kinds of other products, but decided I should save my money and do something that actually makes a difference.

It took me 2 years to get up enough courage to do this, and honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Looks MUCH worse than it feels! Got to the dr. office, they put numbing cream all over. Then half hour later reapplied. Took a valium and vicodin, although it didn't seem to do much. The doc put numbing drops in my eyes and put in metal contacts. I've never worn contacts, but it was no big deal. Didn't hurt or bug me at all.

The procedure itself wasn't terrible - not completely painless, but not awful like I expected. The skin burning smell is kind of icky, but they use a small fan that sucks up most of the smell. The laser feels kind of like groups of bee stings but the doc did 5-10 seconds and then stopped for a few seconds. That helped A LOT. The eyes and tops of cheeks were the worst, but still bearable. He went over those areas twice. The actual procedure only took about 20 minutes, then they put on cold compresses and saline water spray. It felt like a really bad sunburn. The ride home was the worst. My face was literally throbbing, on fire, but the water spray seemed to make it worse, so I just grit my teeth and after about 30 minutes, it was okay. Still like a bad sunburn, but not on fire. At home, the first few hours it feels tight, still like a bad sunburn, and it's really freckly looking and red. Finally, after about 5 hours the sting is almost completely gone and I was able to put on the Aquaphor. That really seemed to help eliminate the tightness. My kids tell me I should have bought some paper bags to wear over my head for the next few days lol! I'm hoping to see some tightening around the eye area and some wrinkle reduction at the tops of my cheekbones and corner of the eyes. We'll see what happens! I'll repost in a few days.

Excellent office experience. The entire staff is courteous, professional, and helps you feel very comfortable. They talk to you like you're a friend and not just a patient. The doc is no-nonsense and tells you like it is - which may not be for everyone, but I certainly appreciate the candid replies to my questions. There is a reason this doc is seen on the news- he's pretty awesome.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.