$99 Special from Living Social - Birmingham, AL

My friend and I decided to try Botox - we are both...

My friend and I decided to try Botox - we are both 66 and acted like little school girls - giggling etc. The Living Social Special was for 20 unit. I wanted my eyebrows raised. My friend wanted her crows feet done. The doc was very nice and the clinic was newly opened.

Bottom line we can't tell any difference - don't know if it is because we only had 20 units or if we are too old!

Dr. Parker

The clinic appears to be first-rate

The eyebrow wont stay that way for long. It should adjust into a somewhat normal position after a week or so. I had Botox for migraines. They used one hundred units on my face and in my scalp. The first cosmetic side effect was my eyebrows raised up and my eyelids swelled and drooped. I looked like Mr. Spock. I cut my hair and covered it up with bangs but the phase only lasted a week. The brows went to a somewhat normal looking place and the lids returned to normal. I'm still wearing bangs =)
Patients over the age of 65 may not experience such dramatic results.

That being said 20 units to raise the brow is a large dose. I am 46 and my doc uses a total of 4 units-two at each tail of the eyebrow.
Thanks for the comments especially about the amount of Botox needed to lift the eyebrows. As it turned out one eyebrow lifted a heck of a lot higher than the other. The extra botox (20 units involved 7 different sites injected) were injected in the forehead and I wonder if that affected the right eyebrow from lifting as much as the left? Very noticable - not happy - any more comments appreciated! Not sure if I should get more Botox to even things up. Other than that absolutely no side-effects like some have reported.
Ive read that those "specials" are usually very diluted botox and therefore you will not get a proper result......hope this helps:)

Hi ddlb,

Based on the community it can sometimes take up to 3 weeks before seeing results. I highly doubt that you are too old. I'm glad you at least had fun and got a deal from Living Social. Please keep us updated if results change.

Thanks so much for the review, have a great weekend!

-Britt