Better Than I Thought - Birmingham, AL

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for years, but...

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for years, but with my history of Lupus and other surgeries, my husband fears elective surgeries for me. Well, i finally got my nerve up to pursue this procedure despite the opposition, lol. After 2 c-sections and weight fluctuation over the years, I am currently 5'4'' tall and 210lbs, with a pretty big muffin top. I am ok with my size, its just the belly and love handles that bother me. So, I went to see the Dr. last week and he had an opening for today. I decided to take the leap!I wanted to do the upper and lower abs, but I have a Lap Band which prevented that from happening. Sooooo, I went with the lower abs and full back.

I got to the office right at 10am. They were waiting on me! Dr came in and gave me the meds and marked my skin. And was ready to go. I was so nervous, I was shaking. First I got the numbing Med...very small pinch, not even enough to make me jump. Because I was so nervous, Dr asked if I wanted my sister to come in with me, and I did. She brought my iPod and that really helped me settle in. The procedure was so smooth and uneventful, I dozed through a lot of it. I could hear the suction, but felt hardly anything....maybe a pinch or stick here and there' but not enough to make me do more than wince. Since I didn't really want to see, I just listened to my music. My sister watched though!!!

When it was done, they wrapped me tight and gave me instructions. They let me see the two buckets of fat that they removed...yuck and wow, at the same time! Dr put his cell number in my phone and put mine in his. I was there for about 4hours.

I slept most of the way home...no problem. By dinner time, I was soaking wet. I was told to expect some draining and was given all kind of pads and instructions on how to handle it. What I didn't know was that it would be a bloody mess. Omg! I leaked and leaked some more. Its near 11:30, I'm still leaking but the pain is very tolerable. I did take 1pain pill earlier, but only because I was told to. I've also been told that tomorrow will be worse, but today...I don't have any major complaints!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad your procedure seems to have gone well and I hope you're starting to feel a bit better and the leaking has calmed down. Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Birmingham Dermatologist