Can't Wait to See What my New Nose Looks Like - Birmingham, AL

I had septoplasty and rhinoplasty on december 12,...

I had septoplasty and rhinoplasty on december 12, 2012! my septum was in the shape of an S and very deviated! I also had a hump on the bridge of my nose. I had a car wreck about 4 years ago and it really made the features i already hated about my nose more prominent!

I actually found this website through google and started reading stories and looking at pics of everyone and it gave the push i needed to go get a consultation! The insurance approved the septum but i worked for about 6 months to save the rest of the money for the hump to be removed! Of course any surgery has its challenges but this has a reward in the end!

I am 4 days post op and i am amazed at how fast...

i am 4 days post op and i am amazed at how fast the bruises under my eyes are healing! I am getting my splint off wednesday and cannot wait to see what it looks like!

Im on day 5! my eyes really dont feel swollen...

Im on day 5! my eyes really dont feel swollen anymore. My cheeks are still a little swollen but the bruises are disappearing! i feel much better and can t wait til wednesday to get my splint off!!

The only thing that is frustrating is sometimes i...

The only thing that is frustrating is sometimes i can breathe out of both sides sometimes i cant! im so tired of sniffing ha but i dont regret doing any of it! i can t wait to get the cast off tomorrow and i can t wait to see it and get out of the house!!

Got the cast off today! I guess i wasnt expecting...

Got the cast off today! I guess i wasnt expecting it to swell so quick! does anyone have any tips to help or how long it lasted before it started to look more normal? my septum was very deviated to the right so they did alot moving it back to the left so that side is very swollen at the bridge the tip looks pretty normal!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Your after pics look awesome!
Hi, who did you go to? I live in Alabama and your nose looks fantastic!! I am about an hour from Birmingham! I love your new nose! Is that all you spent altogether?
Dr Vasconez at UAB in the kirkland clinic! He is so sweet and caring! the ins approved my septum to be fixed so that was all covered!
where did you go, your nose looks great...
UAB Dr Vasconez
Your new nose looks great! Do you have a lot of swelling? And I LOVE your freckles btw!
not at all i can t tell i havve any outer swelling still the stuffy nose but he said that will last about 3 months! thank you they are plentiful ha
Absolutely beautiful!
Beautiful
Looking good!!! Can't wait to see it with the cast off! Happy healing:)
thanks you too! can you breathe any better? im still real stuffy and now that ive gotten use to breathing out of my mouth its hard to breathe through my nose
Thank you for sharing your story! I have a nose that is similar to yours. I get more hopeful seeing stories like these.
Congratgulations on your surgery and your recovery seems to be going well. My surgery is Dec 20th and I am super nervous... can't wait for this to all be over with!
Hi, hope you are healing well! I love how you keep your hair nicely done whilst in recovery, I looked like a tramp, barely even brushed mine haha!!! Looking forwards to seeing the big reveal x
ha ha thanks it looked like that til i had my packing taken out then i had a little more drive to fix it! luckily its easy to fix!
Lookin good so far! I have a question about the bottom part of ur nose, like at the nostrils. It looks so dark... Is that tape that's under your cast thats lifting your tip?
yes its tape and honestly i think its not blood from stitches i think its from where my nose bled and leaked onto the tape!

Hi! I had my surgery (rynoplasty) on 12/12/12. Im also very excited to see what my nose is going to look like with out the hump. the only bad experience has been the fact that i can't breath threw my nose. I'm so conjustested; I hope it goes away soon. Any suggestion on how to help with the stuffiness?

they gave me afrin and it helps some but i think its just a process! I did discover that holding ice to the bottom of my nose where my nostrils are kinda takes ur mind off the breathing and relieves some discomfort! I think the breathing better will come with time. im hoping its better once the splint comes off! do u get ur of tomorrow??
So excited to see your results! It is crazy how quickly things heal! Good luck!
Exciting! Looking good so far! Prayers going out to you :)
did any of ya ll s noses swell shut once the splint came off?? and how do they take it off i want to kinda prepare myself ha
They peeled mine off, it came off ez once the tape came off. But the tape on my nose was a bit tender when he pulled that off :( stitches pinched when they came out, made my eyes tear a bit. Then he put glue on my nose and put a bunch of tape on it and told me to leave it on for AT LEAST another week. So the hard parts over i guess, except the waiting game... Patience i guess is virtue lol. Good luck, u will b fine :)
thanks!!!

I'm excited for you. What day do you get your cast removed?