My Laser Genesis Experience

The medical spa had a month long $75 special on...

The medical spa had a month long $75 special on the laser Genesis (regularly $150). I did the procedure on a whim. The process itself was relaxing. The staff was very nice. There was the occasional sting, but nothing that caused discomfort. Within 2 days, my face was covered in a bumpy rash. I called where I had the procedure. They told me I could see their dermatologist who would be in a Wednesday... It was Friday. I guess I just needed to "brown bag it" over the weekend and wait until Wednesday. I used hydrocortisone cream over the weekend, and went to my regular dermatologist on the following Tuesday. Diagnosis...folliculitis. One shot in the booty, and three prescriptions later... Lesson learned- bargain lunch hour spa procedure was a huge mistake!!

The reaction you describe thiis a normal reaction for many. It is an inflammation of sebaceous glans with excessive oil due to partial occlusion of the normal opening to your skin surface. They are usually seen apps 24 hours after the initial treatment and will go away in 2-3 days. Facilitation with warm packs and some massaging of the sites speeds this up. Each following treatment will result in less and less of these symptoms. Your dermatologist overreacted. You didn't need corticosteroid therapy either orally or injections. Your cut rate spa deal was apparently run by an uneducated bunch of operators, not uncommon at all due to lack of proper regulation in this industry, if they didn't know of this fairly common reaction. Seen especially in people who had cystic acne as young people leaving a lot of scarring under the skin leading to the blockage of sebaceous glands by scar tissue.

I went to my dermatologist and was given an antibiotic, steroid shot, and given an anti-fungal. He had me almost back to normal in 2 days :)

Why would you need antibiotics?
Rather not say