Slim Lipo and Liposuction of the Chin/neck/abdomen/flanks/lower back

I have thought about liposuction (and every other...

I have thought about liposuction (and every other medical procedure) off an on my whole adult life. I turned 37 this year and gave birth to my third child at the end of June of this year, 2013. I've touted "au natural" for a long time and I've been 98 lbs (I'm 5 foot nuthin') and I've been 152 lbs. I originally went in just to get my double chin looked at. My double chin never goes away unless I do that sickly stretch-my-chin-out-when-I-smile-for-pictures thing. Even when I was 98lbs it was still there. It's hereditary. My stomach is the balloon that inflates if I gain 5 lbs. My love handles and stomach are the first to inflate. So, I decided to get Slim Lipo done on my lower and upper abs, flanks and lower back by Dr. Clinton of Clinton Plastic Surgery and liposuction done of my double chin. (I'm not sure if he did Slim Lipo of my double chin. I'll find out, though) My surgery was Sept 25th and I'm 5 days Post-Op.

DAY OF SURGERY
I was put to sleep and woke up groggy. My head was wrapped up like I had been in a car accident and the garment was put on me immediately.
I gotta say, by the time I got home, I felt that I had been beaten with a sledge hammer. Some people say they have NO pain. WHAAAAA??? Are you sure you had anything done? Because I've given birth naturally three times and I was whimpering like a baby and saying, "This is worse than giving birth." I thought, "What have I done?" but refused to say that out loud. :)
I held on to the promise that the burning and aching would subside by that evening and took my meds. I went into surgery at 8:30 was out by around 1pm. By 7pm that night, it was sleeping soundly and the burning was gone...as promised by my awesome nurse.

DAY ONE Post Op
I must be crazy, but I got my girls back from their daddy (joint custody) the day after surgery. My mom stayed with us for half of the day and checked in on me, but I was fine. VERY sore, but it was manageable. Even lifting my toddler into her crib was fine, but when she latched on to my hips....OUCH. I bruised a LOT, as you can see. I'm an easy bruiser anyway, though. Seriously, I can scratch a mosquito bite for a few minutes and I'll bruise.

DAY TWO-DAY FOUR
Had the girls through the weekend and I honestly feel better when I'm up and around walking. When I get up in the morning, it's the worst. I'm swollen and uncomfortable and ITCHY. But my garment (which I am wearing around the clock - never taking it off except to shower or wash the thing) is fitting looser and I actually had to trim down the part that fits under my breasts because it's riding too high. It was digging into my sides until Day Four, when everything started to smooth out.

DAY FIVE
Since Day Two, I've been taking Tylenol and rubbing Arnica gel and Lavender and Frankincense oils on me. The bruising is going away quickly. I can see a definite difference, but comfy clothes are still an absolute must. I am wearing leggings and tunic tops or dresses to work over the garment...which I don't hate...but I don't love, either. Still, I refuse to take it off. I'll see how I feel about it in three more weeks. O.o

My chin is tightening like a son-of-a-gun!!! But it's still so swollen that I'm not seeing any real results, yet. I'll post a before and after picture soon.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Clinton met with me personally after I had already chatted with the surgery coordinator over email a few times. Everyone was really great, really informative, not pushy about any other surgeries. When I saw the price of having my chin done vs. having my chin done and then my stomach somewhere down the line, I decided I'd do both now. I think it was worth it. I asked a couple of staff members if they'd gotten anything done and they had and were happy about it. No one gave me any false hopes and I knew I would have to be realistic about what I could expect. I was FLOORED at how quickly I was responded to on every level, before and after the procedure.

Holy cow, girl! I can't believe you got your kids back the next day!! I think I would have asked to switch weekends - you are definitely in the SuperMom club!!

Your pictures look really good. Now that a couple more days have passed, how are you feeling?

LOL I don't know about the SuperMom thing. I don't know how I did it, but honestly didn't feel that bad. I felt BETTER walking around than not, but did get tired sooner. It's Day, what, Day 7... I feel itchy. And sore. And lumpy. :) I am still pretty numb, which may last a few months, I'm told. And I have to wear my garment for three more weeks. Tomorrow I go in for follow-up and they are going to tell me how to start doing massages for the lumpiness. I'm REALLY hoping that goes away. Feels weird. But I feel good, otherwise. SO glad it's not the middle of the summer! This garment is not comfy, but I refuse to take it off except to shower and wash it. I can post other pics later. My neck looks great! Very tight, but still swollen. Bruises are almost gone. I'll post pics of that, too. :)
Oh, and while the garment washed today, I put on a tank and yoga pants and my tummy was super flat and no back roll. It was really great. Ready for the next stage, but trying to be patient.
Just wondering if you have a 10 week update...