Lips & Face Lines Filled Via Fat Transfer - Birmingham, AL

I had what I considered advanced loss of volume in...

I had what I considered advanced loss of volume in my lip area (upper mainly) & hated my permanently pursed look. I tried fillers a few times and while it worked, it did not last longer than 6 months & I was bruised for weeks. I heard about a more permanent solution: fat grafts from my own tummy fat into my lips so I set off researching who could perform this procedure near me. No professional in my area of Florida could do it or knew who to refer me to. A friend knew someone in Chicago as did others say NY and Miami. All were too far for me. On-line research lead me to Dr. Paul S. Howard, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Birmingham, AL who had all the qualifications. He's an expert in lip repair (cleft pallet) and has performed this fat grafting/transfer procedure for 10 years. I travelled 4 hours each way for a consult and he confirmed that I would be a good candidate. I scheduled the procedure & just had it done about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was quite involved with the fat removal (lipo) and all (preparing fat for transfer and the fat injections themselves), but Dr. Howard and his staff may sure I was not in discomfort. The first week I was very swollen & bruised and I iced constantly, which helped tremendously. By the second week the swelling & bruising came down and I could see what I hoped I would look like. I'm mid way into week 3 and I have a natural look right now - especially my upper lip area. Except for some asymmetry in my new fuller bottom lip that I was told to massage to distribute the fat during this window of time, I am very pleased with the results. I sure hope it lasts permanently as Dr. Howard says! I would be a shame to go through all this just to have it reabsorb. Everyone tells me it is permanent (I think this may be too good to be true, but my fingers are crossed)! Dr. Howard makes you feel like you are in very capable hands and his staff is very nice and knowledgeable. I have told everyone I know (and even some strangers) of my experience and told them to go see Dr. Howard for whatever they need and they will receive excellent care!

Lips Before & after 17 days

Here are the before & after pics

3 weeks after fat transfer

Picture 3-weeks after

3 weeks after fat transfer to lips

Here's a picture taken after 3 weeks
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Howard is awesome! I highly recommend him! The procedure cost above includes the procedure/OR room fee.

Thanks for the info. I am researching a bad lower eye job. I do not want temporary fillers either and I bruise easily as well.
wow, you look amazing. Nice.
That's "ice" packs for pain & swelling (darn autocorrect)!
looks really good. Thank you for sharing! Any pain?
Sure. It was more painful than having lips injected with a filler due to the lipo part & lip swelling. Doctor prescribed pain meds so I was comfortable. He told me that I've packs would help the most & he was correct! I was comfortable with tylenol & ice packs by day 3. My tummy was pretty sore & bruised for 1 wk - 10 days. It's fine now.
ok. good!!! I'm going to be in so much pain from my BBL I probably won't feel it!
I will try to upload a before & after (17 days) shortly.
w Any pictures? I want this done while having my BBL since we will already be transferring fat!