Time Will Tell--2 Days in a Still Swollen - Birmingham, AL

I have vertical lines above my lip (I'm 51)...

I have vertical lines above my lip (I'm 51) that drive me nuts so went in for Restylane. Plastic surgeon injected on dose into my upper lip and a bit into my lower lip. I was completely numb and felt nothing at all. The next day I was swollen something awful and the inside of my lips felt very sore. It is now day two and the swelling has subsided by about 50% but my upper lips still seems oversize to me. Hoping it will continue to deflate as the swelling goes down. I am happy to say that I don't feel any bumps or lumps as others have described--its actually quite smooth and lovely, albeit large to my eye.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

He spent at least ten minutes studying my face and another five minutes asking me questions about my expectations before whipping out the syringe. He was conservative and clearly knows what he is doing. Very highly recommended.

HI Birmingham,

Welcome to the Restylane community. Sounds like so far you have had a really positive experience. You might want to check out the answers to the question in our doctor Q&A Downtown and Recovery, it might help. Please keep us updated and when you decide if you like how everything turns out maybe you might want to post pictures.

Thanks so much for your review,

-Britt