Chin Implant Removal After 13 Yrs - Birmingham, AL

After 3 implants from two different dr and 13yrs...

After 3 implants from two different dr and 13yrs of crooked chin, implant, I'm having a complete removal. I haven't been able to find any before and after photos on the internet so I thought I would share.

My first implant was at 28- button implant that was crooked immediately. Same dr tried to fix it but it was always crooked. At 31, had new dr take crooked implant out and put in the implant with wings. It's always been crooked but wasn't as obvious because my face was fuller. Now at 41, my face is this and I'm trusting my dr advise and taking it out for a more natural look.
Surgery is scheduled for Monday July 7th, 2014

3 hrs after removal

Well, that was easy. Has implant removed today under local (was awake the entire time). Here are some photos-

3 hrs after removal

More before images

8 days after removal

8 days after removal

Christopher Schafer

I think you look great for only 8 days after! And I think you look fantastic!
Thanks for sharing all the photos. You certainly look great just 8 days post!!
I really don't think you have a weak chin at all. Better leaving all foreign objects out of the body if at all possible.
I love your white teeth and you look great. I agree with vmom you didn't need the implant.
You look great! I don't think that you needed the implant. Beautiful smile!
It looks great! I'm anxious to hear how the process was. I am really, really considering taking mine out now, but my chin is much more recessed so am still afraid. Hope your healing goes smoothly. Keep us posted!
rtistmom1 - why do you want to take yours out? I'm just having one put in bc of my terribly recessed chin/jaw. It sounds like you have the same facial problem as I do. So I'm trying to figure out: is it painful? irritating? look awkward? I'll see if you've posted a review and perhaps understand what you are going through.
Hi MVPT, If you check out my question on the chin implant board , I posted a lot of pictures. http://www.realself.com/question/norristown-pa-after-two-chin-implants-still-unhappy-the-wrapped-my-chin-crooked My chin is crooked (the doctors who replied agreed) and placed too low. One side is curled under on the edge, and after 1 -1/2 years, I still experience some pain on the one side. I think as I'm getting older it is actually getting worse because it seems to be dropping slightly and from a 45 degree angle all I see is chin. I am at a standstill as to what to do now. I read you are having yours done this week, so best of luck! There are so many people who have had great results - I just seem to have had bad luck with these kinds of things!
I think your face is fine, I wold not take it out. There's fillers they use now in days to put on your nose and chin as well I saw a video on YouTube, maybe you can add some filler so you can achieve the look your going for but really think about it. Good luck.
Fillers really frighten me. Anything that dissipates or dissolves over time goes somewhere, and it seems fillers have properties that will and can do some kind of damage to something, even if we think they just leave the body through urine or intestines. I avoid this stuff at all costs! Botox is a poison and while it comes from bovine, it seems enough of it will lose effectiveness after time. My cousin used it for years, now it has no effect.
Best of luck!
Good luck with your removal, please update your results!