20 Years Old with Long DD Boobs - Birmingham, AL

I'm 20 years old and although I've never had a...

I'm 20 years old and although I've never had a serious issue with how my breast looked, I decided to go ahead and get a breast lift with implants just to improve my overall look. I am a 34 DD but my breast droop quite a bit without my bra on. I just want nice perky breast. Also, I'm an exotic dancer so I thought this would be a great investment. My surgery is actually tomorrow 8/28/14 and I'm SUPER NERVOUS!!!! I'm getting 525 cc saline implants. Pray for me, wish me luck, all that good stuff!!!!

Surgery Day :)

The pain and soreness is extremely bad! But as the hours past, its getting better. I'm hoping it wont last for long. Also, I don't like getting up to walk and I'm giving my caregiver a hard time with that. When I walked I immediately feel nauseated and wanted to lay back down.The pain medicine didn't seem to work as much at first, but now I'm feeling the difference. As for my breast I love them already! They seem perfect no asymmetry and they are big (I wanted big). I have my first post op check up tomorrow. I'm excited to see my bare breast without my sports bra. I will post pictures with my bra on so you can kind of see the difference. Overall, I would say so far so good!

Oh, and the surgery staff including Dr. Hedden was five star. Helped me stay calm throughout the entire process. Everyone was super sweet. If I could do the process again I would. I picked a great team.

First post op appt

Here is a picture from my first post op appointment. I have to keep my tape on for 3 weeks. My Dr said as my implants drop, my nipples will rise up.

New sports bra

My Dr told me the bra I had was fine, but he suggested I get another bra. This bra is a Danskin bra and it is padded but has no wires. You can get the bra from walmart for 12 bucks! It supports me very well and is super comfortable. It clips in the front which is much easier than those hook and eye bras ( or whatever it's called ) I will post a pic of me wearing the bra as well as the tag

2 days post op

I feel great. I tried driving for the first time today and I had a very hard time turning the wheel. I don't think I will be doing that again for a couple more days. I've been getting lots of support for my friends and family especially my mother who I thought would hate that I got plastic surgery. My only concern is not being able to carry my backpack when I return to school. Still feeling slight tightness in my chest were the implant is pulling since they are under the muscle. And I've starting taking Tylenol instead of the Lortabs the Dr. prescribed. Each day is getting better and better :)

5 day post op

I'm on my 5th day since surgery. The pain is not near as bad as the first couple of days, now im just taking Tylenol. I returned to school today and I definitely need to get a new backpack that put less pressure on my arms and boobs. They still feel really tight but I think that is because I have 525cc implants that are under the muscle. My guess the pain is from the muscle stretching and that's just going to take time to heal.

Last night I had some extremely bad pain because I was trying to not take any medicine at all ( I hate taking pills) and I had an emotional breakdown. I'm really afraid of getting dependent on the narcotics so I only take them if I absolutely have to. Overall, I think everything is still going smoothly. I even think my implants are starting to drop :)

12 Days Post Op

Today makes 12 days post op and as you can see my nipples are rising as the implant drop. I'm still taking Tylenol extra strength, pain gets better everyday though. Next post will be 2 weeks post op!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I traveled from New Orleans to Birmingham to the Hedden clinic. They have a three day program for out of state patients. Consult on the first day, surgery next day, and post op appointment the third day. The staff was awesome and kept me calm throughout the entire process. I would recommend Dr. Hedden to anyone. Honestly I already have started to tell girls about him. They also have a summer special BA/BL all for 5,000. I think it ends September 2014. Regular price is 6,500 which is still reasonable (those prices are for saline). Overall I highly recommend the Hedden clinic.

We are literally boob twins! It's so hard explaining to people why you want a breast Aug/lift bc they all say "why?! You have big boobs!" The problem is we are young and they are so saggy, (I'm 20 also.) I have yet to get mine done because in CA a lift and aug runs 8-10,000. I can't believe yours was only 5! What type of lift did you get?
I got a lollipop lift with 525 cc saline implants. My Dr is doing a special if you get a BA/BL it will only be 5000 cash for both procedures. That ends sept 2014. After that it will be 6,500 which is still a great price.
Congrats on your surgery. Happy healing. :)
So excited about going to him and you're gonna love your new look!!!
Thanks for letting us tag along, I'm from Louisiana also and I'm thinking about using Dr Hedden.Please keep me updated
I would highly recommend Dr. Hedden. The process went very smoothly and I have no complaints. The pain is bad but as long as you stay on top of your meds you will get through it like a champ. And it's only a 5 1/2 hour drive
Congrats on your decision! I am also getting a Breast Augmentation (BA) combined with a Breast Lift (BL). I hope everything goes smoothly. Best of luck and congrats again on your new breasts! :-)
Thank you so much I already love them
You will do fine! Just take it easy for the first week. No lifting even your purse during that week! You will love the outcome:)
How are you ?
I'm doing okay. really sore and my breast feel tight. I haven't eaten much besides crackers and I get woozy when I walk. But it went smoothly so I thankful
I'm glad to hear it!