New Girls -Birmingham, AL

Hello everyone...Well I just wanted to share my...

Hello everyone...Well I just wanted to share my expierence with my procedure. I got my procedure done in Birmingham Alabama at Hedden Plastic Surgery by Dr. Hedden. Because I live in Atlanta I had my consult and surgery in the same day and the next day had my preop exam. At first I was a little cautious because of the great price but after looking at his work up close and also his reviews I felt a lot more comfortable.

When doing my skype consult with him he told me that i should do TUBA because it is less painful and also no scar... Plus this is what he specialized in. Pre op i was hardly fitting an A Cup and I told him I wanted to be full C so he recommended going to a 450 cc. I also forgot to mention that I am 5'5' and 157lbs so 450cc would look great on me.

The staff was amazing and made me feel very comfortable and before I knew it the procedure was over. I was very drugged up but it actually wasn't as bad as everyone was making it seem. It is now three days after the surgery and the pain still isnt too bad just got a little headace, but overall I am more then sastified and love the results. They look very natural already and i really cant wait for them to drop.

Hi everyone!!! I must say that I am very excited...

Hi everyone!!! I must say that I am very excited because my breast are looking better and better by the day. The pain also isnt that bad but when i message my breast it does burn some, and is somewhat still very tight. I'm going to post some more pics weekly so you can see my process. Oh and a little tip that I have make sure you buy a neck pillow the kind you use on the airplanes, because you will be sitting at an angle for the first few weeks instead of laying straight down and this pillow really supports your neck... Also get a heating pad because your back will start hurting from sitting in this position.

So it has been a whole week since my surgery and I...

So it has been a whole week since my surgery and I cannot explain how pleased I am! They look great and I finally was able to take my tape off where my incision was. The incision is starting to itch I guess because it is starting to heal... but anyway i'm starting to be able to massage them without much pain! Today was also my first day driving, and it wasn't too bad but when I got home I felt like I just did a workout, guess I need to slow down a bit... But so far so good!

Yesterday I went to see Dr. Hedden for a post op...

Yesterday I went to see Dr. Hedden for a post op and all I can say about this man is he is very passionate about what he does and is very patient! I asked him a lot of questions and he answered everyone of them, showed me little tips to make my breast sit how I want them too and finally let me take my compression garment off!!! He also had a great nurse that assisted him named Penny so if you ever go to him request her she is great!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

A friend of mines had hers done as well.

Looking good I'm loving Dr Hedden's work. I'm scheduled for next month. Can't wait
Great boobies! : ) what profile did you use ?
Thank you and I used moderate profile
How are things looking now? So far I like your results. We have similar "befores" and I was thinking on 300cc because 400cc+ seemed too big,...... do you wish you would've gone smalleror are you happy? What size are you?
Thank you! No I wouldn't have gone any smaller or bigger they are perfect more that they have fallen. ..I am actually a 34dd it just depends on the cup size you want.

Yeah, incision tape off and now your compression garment off! What type of suggestions did your PS give you to help your breasts sit well for you?

Yes finally off! But he told me to massage a lot and also ice, ice, ice! Also arnicare is very good for swelling!
Also forgot to mention that I bought a memory foam wedge pillow from Bed Bath & Beyond and it helped a lot with the back pain! Very comfy and I can use it still to this day even though I don't need it.
I'm thinking about having a consult with Dr Hedden. I believe that you are the first person that I have seen on here that has used him. I'm interested in going with at least 350 ccs. I'm 5"5 but I'm 115 so I'm wondering how big they will look on me. Yours look so great to be saline. They look so natural, even before they have finished dropping all the way. Any more suggestions?
Thanks! I suggest going a little bigger then what you envisioned because after they settle they will be a little bit smaller, especially if your going under the muscle. My breast have both dropped and I love them... I will be posting pics soon but I wear a 34DD now
I just posted my pics from surgery with Dr. Hedden yesterday. He's the best
Yes I love yours! You make me want to go bigger and they are going to drop beautifully!
Did you go with saline or silicone?
I went with saline.

Congratulations...you look great! Just curious, can you see the incision point at all? When you experienced some discomfort, where did you feel most of your pain? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! Looking forward to your updates!

Thank you and I cant take the tape off until tomorrow so i'll be able to check the incision then. Most of my discomfort was by the crease of my breast even though my PS did tuba.... and also my lower back from laying in the same position.

Will look forward to an update on your incisions tomorrow! This surgery really does affect your back...but doctors rarely warn patients of that pain as we're so focused on the breasts! Take care!

Hey! So I did take my tape off and I actually can't see my incision at all. I'm going to post a picture in just a sec... and I also bought a memory foam wedge pillow for my back and it helps a lot!!!
I'm going to him but I'm going big. 700 CC's.
Oh wow that is big! When are you going and are you doing tuba? Good Luck!!!
I think I'm going to do under the crease incision. I don't want to mess with my my nipple sensation. And through the belly button seems to far to travel. We will see what Dr Hedden says. In my profile shows my goal size
I didn't want to mess with my nipple sensation as well so I did it that way. I actually told them that i wanted it through the underarm but he said the navel is less painful and you wont be able to see the scar. I guess with the underarm you cant lift your arms for a while. I'm only 4 days post op and im cooking, doing hair/makeup, lifting up on my own and etc. I see your in GA so am I so good luck to you and keep me posted! I will post some pics in a min ;-)
Sounds good. Ill be going in 4 weeks. Counting down and nervous I don't have problems.
You will be fine good luck!