SO Nervous and Even More Excited!!! - Birmingham, AL

I am 20 years old, 5'5, 113 lbs and VERY flat...

I am 20 years old, 5'5, 113 lbs and VERY flat chested, 34 AA! SO ready for this to change! Hoping to be a full C cup. I have chosen silicone implants and go next week to decide on how many cc's. I want to look natural, but a large natural if that makes sense. I'm thinking 350-400? I'm much more concerned with looking portionable and natural than just having big boobs. So I'm open for suggestions! SO nervous about surgery that I almost begin to feel sick. Then I remember how long and how badly I've been waiting for this and I feel better about making such a BIG decision. (No pun intended!) :)

While you're waiting for your pre op appointment, you can make rice sizers at home, if you haven't already. Here is a quick video on how to make them. Also, RealSelf has just created a Guide to Breast Aug "slang." Take a look at it and let me know what you all think about it. Is it helpful or do you have additional questions that aren't answered in the guide. Good luck at your appointment. Keep us posted!

Thank you! I have done the rice test with what would be 350cc's and I really liked them but may go a little bigger! I will post pictures soon of the rice sizers and ask for some opinions! Thank you for your advice, it means a lot to someone who is very nervous and unsure of a lot things! :)
I am not far from you in MS. I am small also and went with 350 silicone. Check out my profile! Good luck!

2 More days until PRE OP!

I go Friday for my lab work and to decide on a size! I will post pictures of different choices after my visit and would love for some opinions! Can anyone tell me what usually goes on during a PRE OP? Like what does lab work usually consist of? I hope everyone is having a perfect day!!!! :)
             ypur lab work is ypur blood work! i think they also check your blood pressure as well! some docters request a consent form from your primary care docter to have the right to operate! i know mine did! i think because i went out of state! idk!
What doc are you using??
I'm using Dr. Hedden!

Finally DONE!

I got my breast augmentation done yesterday morning! I finally choose to do 400cc's. I felt like I would look really big and fake but I've been told its better to go a little bigger than smaller and I definitely didn't want to be disappointed with going too small. I haven't felt much pain, other than immediately after surgery I felt horrible. Now I feel great but still trying to take things easy! So glad I decided on using Dr. Hedden, he's great and an all around perfect doctor! So far I'm happy with my results but I know I still have a lot of dropping to do! I don't have any before pictures but I was a very small A cup.
20 years old with silicone? I thought you had you had to be at least 22 per the FDA regulations.
I thought so too, which was really disappointing to me at first because I did NOT want to wait 2 years and I also did not want saline. My doctor told me the reason why he was allowed to do silicone in girls under the age of 22 I just don't remember his exact reasoning. I would try to explain but I would just sound stupid.

3 Days PO

I'm three days post operation and Im feeling pretty good. Today's my first day without taking my pain meds and/or muscle relaxers and I just feel extremely tight in my chest. I'm soooo ready for them to drop so I can actually go buy bras without padding! Yippie!!! Does anyone know about how long it takes for the swelling to go down?

3 Days Post Operation

Me three days post op.

5 days post operation

I'm five days post operation and feel great other than being sore at the bottom of my left breast. It's kind of freaking me out, but it's not unbearable and looks fine. I really want to go try on new clothes but my boyfriend thinks its a really bad idea and it will effect the outcome of the dropping process. Is this really true?!
Looking great! Keep us posted! More pics more pics :)
Thank you! Going to post some today! :)
Wow they look perfect in your frame! Hope your recovery is going great!!

1 week Post Operation.

I am one week PO today and feeling good! Everything has gone a lot smoother than what I expected and I am more pleased with my results each day. I literally could not have gone any bigger or smaller and have been as pleased as I am. Sometimes my left breast will have a sharp pain near the crease while the right feels absolutely normal. I've heard this is because each breast is a separate surgery from the other, so they both heal in different ways and at different paces. It's funny because that's so true but you feel like its all just one surgery and they should both be healing at the same rate! I HATE sleeping on my back every night, will I ever be able to sleep on my stomach again?!? I really hope so lol! My boyfriend thinks it will cause the implants to ripple over time if I did every night? Don't want that happening! Also, SOOO ready to go buy bras and determine my size. Any ways I feel like I'm just rambling away! I'm about to post a picture from yesterday evening, then I will post much more this evening! I love reading everyone's stories and experiences, and also hearing from everyone! SO happy this site exits!!! Hope everyone is having a perfect day :)
Yay, I see you used Dr. Hedden too! tell me everything about your pre-op and post op experience, because I'm nervous my surgery date is approaching fast... Any idea what profile you got? he told me he would decide at my final pre-op appointment, but I was wondering if you knew what yours are? Thanks
He's really sweet and good at what he does. I was extremely nervous but he's a really calming person. During my post op. I was mainly with one of the girls that work for him, I don't remember her name but she was soooo sweet and friendly, I felt like I was just talking to one of my best friends. I had my blood taken and tried on different silicone sizers. You will also have to sign a lot of paperwork and will be given a booklet to take with you to read over, it's REALLY helpful. She also told me Dr.Hedden usually is the one that choses what profile will work best for you. I got high profile, which I was told when you have a small body frame high profile works best. Dr. Hedden came in for a moment and told me what incesion would be the best choice for me, and also that I should go with silicone implants because I'm very thin and saline usually shows ripples in those who are thin with very little breast tissue. He will also tell you to play around with the rice test to kinda see what you like best. He lets you ask any questions you have, and it's really a good idea to write them down whenever you think of something you want to ask him before you go in. I had so many questions before my appt and when I got there my mind went blank because so much is going on, so it may help just in case lol. The day of surgery I had to be there at 6:30. I waited no longer than 10 min to be called back. After surgery I just remember waking up in a lot of pain and freezing. If they let you get your prescription filled before surgery you totally should. I'm not sure they let you but its def worth asking because I was miserable waiting on mine. It would have been nice to have it right then, but as soon you take your medicine you'll feel totally fine. I only took my meds for two days, probably could have used them the third day but I hated being tired all the time. Everything has gone great so far. I had a little scare with thinking I went too big but that's gone now and I'm so happy with my decision! I feel like I'm just rambling on and on now lol. If there's anything specific you want to know just ask and I can tell you! But you definitely have chosen a great doctor and will be in good hands! :)
I think you chose the absolute perfect size for your frame. You look very fit and proportionate. Happy healing xo

12 days PO

Today, I am 12 days Post Op. I am feeling better and better each day! Sometimes I wish I would have gone just a wee bit bigger, which is funny because just the other night I was so scared I had gone way too big for my body. But I have gotten used to them & really love having them! I tried on bras today for the first time, which I'm still very swollen at the top. I filled up a C cup, it fit perfectly! Before, I did not even fill up an A cup. It was an amazing feeling to say the least! I get really sore when I walk around for long periods of time but other than that I haven't felt any pain.

12 days PO Pics

Nice results! You got 400 cc and about a C-where I want to be or slightly bigger. I was considering less CCs but have to remember it might take more or less to achieve the look I want. Happy healing!
Thank you! Before I had surgery I thought 400ccs was going to be pretty big and I almost changed my mind last minute to 325ccs. SO glad I didn't do that. Youre right though, 400ccs is different for everyone! I just had to do the rice test and play around with the doctors sizers! I hope you decide on a size that makes you happy! :)
Hi what antibacterial wash did you use the morning of? they said to buy my own antibiotic body wash, I wasn't sure which one to get? Also what post op sports bras did you use? How has your recovery been? when you said you were off pain meds on third day- did you feel well enough to go back to work? Thanks! Im nervous and excited too

18 weeks PO

18 DAYS not weeks!!

Wow they look very nice! How do you feel about the size?
Thank you!!! At first I thought they were way too big, then I thought I could've gone just a little bit bigger. Now I'm completely fine with the size, just took a little time lol. Sorry for such a late response! Hope all is well :))

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks PO

Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op. I had my 2 week post op visit yesterday. He said everything looked good, but that I still hadn't dropped yet. I am now able to wear regular bras during the day but have to sleep in my sports bra. I went to try on bras today and I filled up a 34 D. I wanted to be sized but I really just want to wait until I've dropped a little more. I was very shocked I filled up a D cup but happy at the same time!!! I will post some pictures later tonight. :))
You look really good!
Thank you so much! :)
They look lovely, you have a great figure and they complement you perfectly.

One month and 10 days Post Op

5 months post op

Today I am exactly 5 months post operation. I am still so happy with my results!
Wow I've never seen hp look so natural! Your results are amazing!
Thank you so much, that means a lot! :)
You look perfect! I was concerned if my 375cc would be too big, but you relaxed me!

Almost 7 months PO!!!

The first time I've ever been able to fill out a bathing suit top!!! What an awesome feeling! I am still so happy with my results and that everything turned out as fabulous as it has! :)
Perfect!!! You look Wonderful! =)
You look great and I love that top! I'm hoping for a result very similar to yours. Our stats are really close. My consultation is next week. I can't wait to see the biggest size recommended for me LoL!
Thank you so much! I hope everything goes great at your consultation! I remember being so nervous going to my first consultation, but before you know it you're having surgery! Good luck and I hope everything goes wonderful! :)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

As soon as I met Dr. Hedden I knew he would be the doctor I would be using! He is extremely kind and professional. His staff is also great, they made me feel very comfortable and at ease! I'm so pleased with my results and wouldn't change a thing!