So Happy With My New Boobs! - Birmingham, AL

Hello! This website helped me tremendously when I...

Hello! This website helped me tremendously when I was making the final decision to get breast implants so I thought I would share my story! I am 25 years old 5'4 and 115 pounds. I have wanted bigger boobs literally since I was 16 years old. My breasts have always been a huge insecurity because not only were they small, but I didn't think they were very pretty. I have always been a measly 34 A to small B cup. I always knew that I wanted to get the surgery one day, but I just didn't know when I would actually go through with it.

I finally made the decision to get the surgery done just a few months ago. I wanted to get it done before bikini season (and with enough time to make sure they would be healed and settled). Was only required to send some pictures to Dr. Hedden to make sure I was a good candidate before making the drive. He told me I was a good candidate for breast augmentation and I scheduled my surgery for March 26th, 2013. Dr. Hedden recommended that I do the Rice test for a few days to get an idea of what size I wanted.

Before my consultation I had in mind that I wanted to be a full C cup with 375-400CC Saline implants with the TUBA surgery (a scarless surgery through the belly button). My biggest thing was that I didn't want to have any visible scars and I wanted my breast to look natural. However, after my consult we decided that it would be best for me to go with 400CC silicone sub-muscular (under the muscle) and through the crease underneath my breast. I went with silicone because of my lack of breast tissue. This way I would avoid any rippling. The doctor also informed me that I had a very small case of tubular breasts and that he would be able to fix this with doing an incision underneath the breast. Although everything I went with was completely different than what I originally had in mind, I felt great about the decision because the doctor knew what he was doing. So one lesson learned was to keep an open mind going into this!

I had my surgery at 6:00am the morning following the consult. I had so many emotions - excited, nervous, anxious, and just ready for it to be over with! Before I knew it I was awake with my new boobs! There really wasn't much pain after the surgery, just soreness/tightness in my chest (I am sure the pain meds helped:) . I was just in and out of sleep the first few days and took it easy.

I am now day 6 post-op and feeling great. I still have some tightness in my chest, but I assume that is just part of the going under the muscle. They are still riding pretty high and are still pretty hard, but I am loving the way they are looking so far! It is crazy to think that I have nice big boobs now! My whole experience was so easy and I would do it again tomorrow! I definitely recommend breast augmentation if you are on the fence about it!

Will keep you all updated on my progress! :)

Added a before just so you all could get a comparison!

Added a before just so you all could get a comparison!

It has been 16 days and I am feeling great! They...

It has been 16 days and I am feeling great! They are starting to really feel like they are mine. Soreness is gone and my incisions look great. I went to VS the other day and was sized at a 32DD! I was shocked since I was only going for full C, but I don't think they look too large. Very happy with my results!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I had been researching doctors for a while and I came across Hedden plastic surgery in Birmingham, AL. I was a little skeptical at first because the price was so low ($3000 for saline and $3800 for silicone) and because I would have to travel out of state (from Atlanta). However after reading tons of reviews I felt good about my decision to use board certified Dr. Hedden. I called and learned that half of their patients traveled to see Dr. Hedden from out of state which made me feel even better. The way they treat out of state patients is in a 3 day process -so that the first day you have your consult, surgery on the second day, and follow-up on the third. They have an out of state coordinator who makes the whole process very easy.

So do you really recommend dr.hedden? Im frm houston tx and im seriously thinking about going to alabama to go to him just nervous.
Update!!!
Your results look amazing!! I plan to schedule surf, w/ Dr H hopefully in June. Since you came in from out of town, did you do your consult the day before SX or the day of?
They look great girl! I'm trying to get back to normal, little painful at times. I've had some sharp, burn feeling the last few days. I've talked to a nurse, she said it was only nerves healing. I can't wait til they feel like my own haha! Still getting used to it :)
the VS swim top looks so cute! i cant wait to wear things like that soon! :-)
They look great. I bug difference from before.
They look so great and OMG! that price its incredible maybe i should head on down south to get better prices would of done it years ago :)
Looking awesome and I love that bra!!
You look great: that white bra looks comfy: I'm gonna have to but one off those;
Thank you! You look great as well! I read your story and I am glad that you finally found what you were looking for! :) The bra is super comfy - it's from Kohls! :)

Thank you for sharing your great story on RealSelf. You are so smart to have done your research...it certainly paid off. You also bring up an excellent point about being open minded when going into this type of procedure. I hear many women say they know exactly what they want going in and come out with something completely different, but loving their results. You look great! Can't wait for your updates!

Hi Beth! Thank you! Will keep you all updated :)
Congrats! It really feels great doesn't it? I feel so much better when I wear a dress now, at least now I fill it out, lol. Good luck with your recovery!
Thank you! :) You are right, it feels wonderful!
Hey! I'm going to Dr. Hedden in the morning for my surgery! Your story is very similar to me. I'm doing silicone through the crease. I'm just deciding what CC's. Its between 375-400. How did you decide? I'm a small A...barely a B. Also, how was your recovery? I'm feeling excited and anxious! Your new additions look great! Congratulations!
Hi! Thank you! Awesome! I would go for 400cc's. The majority of people say that they wish they had gone bigger. And also I don't think 25cc's is going to make a significant difference. I was a little worried that 400cc would be too large for me, but now I am so happy I went with that size! My recovery has been great so far! I am now 1 week post op and went to the gym today and did the stair master. The only the thing I am feeling is stiffness in my chest. Don't worry it will be over before you know it! Just rest up and take the pain meds! Let me know how everything goes!! :)
Hey! How did your surgery go? How are you feeling?
Hi! My surgery went much better than I expected! I'm really tight and sore, but I can still do thinks like feed myself, walk around, brush my hair, etc. But its been a little difficult raising up from the bed... My biggest issue is feeling tensed up and my back is hurting...which I guess its from being in one position. I took a glance of my breasts earlier and they look great! Dr. Hedden was great. Any tips you can give on how to get a tad more comfortable? A
I am glad that it went well! I feel ya.. it was hard getting up from bed. I had the same problems with my back. You just have to really relax and find a comfortable spot. I would make sure you have plenty of pillows to support your back. Are you taking the pain meds they prescribed you? I took the hydrocodone every 4 to 5 hours to up until about day 5 and it helped a lot. I didn't take the Valium because I didn't like the way it made me feel. The hardest part for me has been sleeping at an incline. I usually wake up in the morning and find that I have slid down and am laying flat. It is undoubtedly going to be a little uncomfortable for a little while, but it will only get better. Good luck and keep me updated!
Yeah I'm talking all my meds at the right times. I've been able to hold my drink, feed myself and get up by myself as of just a fee minutes ago. I took off my bra just to wash it and take a shower. I hope I'm able to go back to work on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for by our advice and support. I feel like I'm on the road to recovery!:)