C02 Laser, Lovin' It So Far - Biloxi, MS

I had my full facial resurfaced on 8/23/11 and...

I had my full facial resurfaced on 8/23/11 and it's the 26th today and I am thrilled with my results. The normal price is $1500 but my doctor discounted 50% because I have had several other procedures done over the past year and have referred quite a few friends to him.

I had mild ance scars, uneven skin color, large pores and fine wrinkles. I stopped my hormone replacement therapy and my skin has lost a lot of elasticity. I feel like my face had fallen 1/4" south.

On the day of the procedure I was given 1/2 Ativan and a Loritab. The nurse put numbing medicine all over my face and I sat and waited for about an hour. I washed my face, then the Dr. did my laser treatment. There was some pain, but he would stop to give me a break. His nurse had a blower that blew cool air on my face. He did my entire face in maybe 15 minutes. I left his office, came home and napped all evening.

I looked horrific. I used cool compresses that first evening and put Aquaphor on my face to keep it moist. The next day I noticed these white bumps on my cheeks and chin and called the office. They called in some antibiotics and told me to be back at 9:00am the next morning.

The next morning, the Dr. told me that I had milia and I didn't need the antibiotics and that it was because of the Aquaphor that I was using. He gave me a Skinmedica kit. In hindsight I wish I would have started out w/ this kit, but I had told him that I had Aquaphor at home on the day of the procedure and he told me that I could use that. But I really think the Skinmedica kit is much better. While I was there I told him that my skin was starting to feel itchy and he said that that meant that I should start peeling tomorrow, (which is today) I actually started to peel last night. About 80% has peeled and I couldn't be happier with what I'm seeing. The improvement over the past 24 hours is astonishing. My skin still needs to shed some more and I'm very pink but the new skin looks wonderful. I think tomorrow I should be able to wear some makeup...only to hide the pinkness. I look forward to NOT wearing makeup w/ my new skin. My skin feels tighter and firmer and I LOVE IT!

What is the name of the Dr. who did the procedure?
Dr. Len Derouen, Skin Care Laser Center Biloxi. Sorry so late..I didn't notice I had a reply.

Hi Penny,

This is a great review it provides a lot of important details that are useful for community members. It would be awesome if you had pictures to post. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review and happy Wednesday!

-Britt