Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty - Beverly Hills, CA

After 17 years of not being happy with my nose, I...

After 17 years of not being happy with my nose, I finally decided to take the plunge. I am ethnically Afghan and had a big bump on my nose that I am convinced I made worse by breaking it a few times as a child. In addition to the bump, it was also crooked! I waited for a long time before even going for a consultation because I pretty much knew that I needed a full reconstruction. To me that meant that I could end up looking like a completely different person (like what happened to Jennifer Grey) or look worse than I did before.

Anyway, I only went to Dr. Ghavami for a consultation because he came highly recommended from someone close to me. I felt comfortable with him from the get go and I had my surgery the end of June 2011. I appreciate that he pays very close attention to the tip revision. I didn't want to look like I had surgery and I definitely don't look like I did even though it hasn't even been six months yet.

The other thing I've noticed since I had the surgery is that every expectation he had about my recovery was true even though I was nervous. Everything is going well and he's been paying close attention and schedules monthly follow ups. I really appreciate that he takes the time to make sure everything is going well. This is such a serious surgery and it's on your face so everyone EVERYONE will notice if it goes wrong. Go to Ghavami, and if someone messed you up, Go to Ghavami.

Things I learned after the surgery: I have a tendency to bruise and swell a lot. I had to take three weeks off work because of my appearance. He did a lot of work on my nose including a Septoplasty and adding cartilage to make it even on both sides. So don't let that discourage you. I'm an individual case and I needed all that work done! :)

FYI I had another procedure by Ghavami that explains the cost and I'm not sure what the breakdown is.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

anys before/afters?
Is it at all possible for you to post pictures of your nose? You can block out the rest of your face? It would be a tremendous help to me since I am looking for a revision or even if you email me photos of your nose. Please consider this as it can help others.
Thank you for mentioning that you had 2 procedures. That price made my eyes almost fall out lol. I have a consult with him in 2 weeks.

I'm so glad this went well for you and that you're happy with your results! Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! Where did the new cartilage in your nose come from? Was it an ear or rib graft?

He used the cartilage he removed from my nose to reshape it. It was that big and now it's significantly smaller. :)