Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty - Beverly Hills, CA

After 17 years of not being happy with my nose, I...

After 17 years of not being happy with my nose, I finally decided to take the plunge. I am ethnically Afghan and had a big bump on my nose that I am convinced I made worse by breaking it a few times as a child. In addition to the bump, it was also crooked! I waited for a long time before even going for a consultation because I pretty much knew that I needed a full reconstruction. To me that meant that I could end up looking like a completely different person (like what happened to Jennifer Grey) or look worse than I did before.

Anyway, I only went to Dr. Ghavami for a consultation because he came highly recommended from someone close to me. I felt comfortable with him from the get go and I had my surgery the end of June 2011. I appreciate that he pays very close attention to the tip revision. I didn't want to look like I had surgery and I definitely don't look like I did even though it hasn't even been six months yet.

The other thing I've noticed since I had the surgery is that every expectation he had about my recovery was true even though I was nervous. Everything is going well and he's been paying close attention and schedules monthly follow ups. I really appreciate that he takes the time to make sure everything is going well. This is such a serious surgery and it's on your face so everyone EVERYONE will notice if it goes wrong. Go to Ghavami, and if someone messed you up, Go to Ghavami.

Things I learned after the surgery: I have a tendency to bruise and swell a lot. I had to take three weeks off work because of my appearance. He did a lot of work on my nose including a Septoplasty and adding cartilage to make it even on both sides. So don't let that discourage you. I'm an individual case and I needed all that work done! :)

FYI I had another procedure by Ghavami that explains the cost and I'm not sure what the breakdown is.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon