Restylane for Tear Troughs - Beverly Hills, CA

I am 54, male. I have never had work done on my...

I am 54, male. I have never had work done on my eyes, but I was getting dark shadows underneath. I even went to MAC to get concealer.

With great apprehension I had Restylane. Surprisingly, it only took 1 syringe, which I think is 1.2cc? I had slight bruising but the next day I had red circles around my eyes where the restylane was place. I was told I would be swollen or possibly bruised for 2 weeks.

Well 3 weeks has passed and I am beyond thrilled. I was considering doing a lower eye job, but $550 worth of Restylane filled the depressions beneath my eyes that were creating the shadows. I am extremely satisfied. BUT, I would say the skill of the injector is key.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eileen does the fillers at Dr. J's office. This (I think) is all she does. She has 12 years experience doing fillers and knows exactly what material will do what. I have had Dysport and Botox from Dr. J. He is excellent. I cannot say enough positive about this office.

Hi Diogenes,

So many community members say the same thing as you, that the injector makes all the difference. I'm really glad it all worked out for you. When I started to read you're review I was worried you were going to say the bruising did not go away, but yay it did. Did you have any pain? Based on such a happy experience are you going to continue in the future? We would love to see pictures! Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt,

The office put Emla cream (topical anesthetic) on my skin first. This injections were not painful to me, but I usually get Botox, etc. without any numbing.

I thought the restylane was LESS painful in the tear troughs than in the nasolabial folds.

And yes, I will definitely have this done again. I am very happy with the results.

Thanks Diogenes for the added info. Good to hear you will go again. Do you have pictures?

Thanks,