It Only Took Me 10 Years to Do It - Beverly Hills, CA

I had my kids in my mid-twenties, and by my...

I had my kids in my mid-twenties, and by my mid-thirties - right around the time my marriage ended - my stomach & boobs were becoming increasingly saggy. My two kids were 10+ pounds each, and I'm only 5'4". I remained a single parent by choice, but my body was always an issue for me.

In May 2007, I got my insurance to cover a breast reduction. This was done in a hospital, but was a tougher recover than I had expected. My (male) PS kept on me about a tummy tuck. I resisted based on cost and fear of the procedure itself.

In November 2012, I finally had the tummy tuck with a female PS. I paid cash, and was determined to follow through despite my fears. I trusted the doctor, but again, the recovery! I hate drains, and the first few days were really rough. Self-induced recoveries like this make me surprised that so many people do this to themselves.

It is December 1st tomorrow and I will be 10 days PO. I went back to work 7 days PO, and surprisingly held up quite well (hiding drain in my dress LOL!) it's going to be awhile before I know what I am actually going to look like. I'm just relieved the scary and most painful parts are behind me.

It's been just over two weeks since my surgery;...

It's been just over two weeks since my surgery; the first week was the worst. I went back to work (at an office) on my eighth day, still with a drain in. The drain kind of came out on its own about ten days PO.

I feel great now. I am still seeing the PS for manual draining every few days, but otherwise I am doing everything I usually do, except work out. I feel like this may be one of the best decisions I've made for myself in a long time, and I will not regret it.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr Li is a highly qualified, and very successful *female* PS in the competitive market of Beverly Hills. She has a lovely bedside manner, and really understands women and the complicated relationship they have to their bodies. She also has two young children of her own which I believe gives her credibility when it comes to understanding the post-baby desire many women have to reclaim their bodies. Dr Li is in high demand largely because she produces excellent results. Her office staff are very lovely as well. Her husband is the anesthiologist in the surgery center.

Checking in to see how you are doing!!!

It is one of the best things I ever did for myself! I love it, and am feeling great!

That is wonderful news!!!