Wrinkles and Discoloration - Beverly Hills, CA

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs 6-1/2...

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs 6-1/2 years ago. The tear troughs had always been deep but it had gotten to the point where no amount of cover up worked. The Restylane worked very well and I was thrilled with the results. It lasted about 1-1/2 years and then I went back for more.

I had a shiner under my right eye after the first time, but it went away without a problem. During the second set of injections (and because the office neglected to tell me to stop taking Advil for two weeks prior to the procedure), I had some bleeding. My doctor used extreme pressure to stop the bleeding, causing another black eye. Unfortunately, that bruise left permanent discoloration under that eye.

It has been almost 5 years since I was last injected, and although there is still some Restylane in the troughs, the area under my eyes is now markedly crepey. I think people with olive complections are more prone to discoloration. Had I known then what I know now, i would not have gotten Restylane. My doctor was a board-certified plastic surgeon.

(types on my iPhone--sorry about the typos!) I...

(types on my iPhone--sorry about the typos!)

I wish I would have been reminded not to take any Advil. aspirin, or other blood thinning products before my injections.

It was pretty great NOT using coverup for a while!

I did look younger without those dark circles under my eyes.

Recommended, and we had worked in the same office for a short time prior to my injections.

What a bummer that you have permanent discoloration. I'm so sorry to hear. I'm assuming it shows through most makeup, or are you able to cover it with certain concealers?

The discoloration is slight and I am able to cover it with makeup. The bigger problem to me is the saggy, thinner skin and wrinkles caused by the after effects of the Restylane, most definite when I smile.

I can definitely understand why you wouldn't be pleased with that. I do have to ask, are you sure it isn't just natural aging that is starting to show? I only ask because I have seen noticeable aging in myself over the last 4-5 years, like wham-o it just hit me all of a sudden. Wondering if you could be in the same boat as me?

The crepeyness is different than regular wrinkles. And there is discoloration under both eyes where the black and blue marks were.All that being said, the tear troughs are not as deep as they were so I think there is still Restylane in there. Also, occasionally I will awaken with little pillows of puffiness under one or both eyes--I think this, too, is the Restylane. that puffiness will resolve itself during the day.