Wrinkles and Discoloration - Beverly Hills, CA

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs 6-1/2...

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs 6-1/2 years ago. The tear troughs had always been deep but it had gotten to the point where no amount of cover up worked. The Restylane worked very well and I was thrilled with the results. It lasted about 1-1/2 years and then I went back for more.

I had a shiner under my right eye after the first time, but it went away without a problem. During the second set of injections (and because the office neglected to tell me to stop taking Advil for two weeks prior to the procedure), I had some bleeding. My doctor used extreme pressure to stop the bleeding, causing another black eye. Unfortunately, that bruise left permanent discoloration under that eye.

It has been almost 5 years since I was last injected, and although there is still some Restylane in the troughs, the area under my eyes is now markedly crepey. I think people with olive complections are more prone to discoloration. Had I known then what I know now, i would not have gotten Restylane. My doctor was a board-certified plastic surgeon.

(types on my iPhone--sorry about the typos!) I...

(types on my iPhone--sorry about the typos!)

I wish I would have been reminded not to take any Advil. aspirin, or other blood thinning products before my injections.

It was pretty great NOT using coverup for a while!

I did look younger without those dark circles under my eyes.

Recommended, and we had worked in the same office for a short time prior to my injections.