No More Painful Nasal Packing after Rhinoplasty - Beverly Hills, CA

The reason I didn't want to have rhinoplasty in...

The reason I didn't want to have rhinoplasty in the past was due to the dreaded nasal packing. The thought of not being able to breathe, especially during eating was not appealing as well as the dry tongue from mouth breathing all day long, for several days, no thank you. I was lucky enough to find a Beverly Hills surgeon who invented a nasal airway that completely avoids this problem. Once I found out about the "Kotler Nasal Airway" I decided to go ahead and have my nose fixed. There is some minor packing used to prevent any bleeding BUT you are able to breathe thru your nose immediately after surgery! I found this wonderful invention to be heaven sent and a more humane way of treating patients. I don't understand why every doctor doesn't use this great invention to avoid that disgusting nose packing which can be very painful when removed. Had my nose fixed on 7/1/14 and very happy with results so far, residual swelling still there but I know it takes time to resolve. Not sure why some doctors say they don't use any packing after surgery (???) according to their posts, there is always bleeding after surgery. If your doctor uses packing, I would strongly recommend that you ask for the nasal airway for your surgery to make your life easier during recovery.

Protecting your nose after rhinoplasty, special sunglasses!

Pictures below are 5 weeks postop.
I found a solution to protect my recent nose surgery, since I always wear sunglasses while driving, running errands, etc., I did not wish to tape my sunglasses to my forehead to avoid pressure on my nose bridge (as recommended by some and that looks ridiculous). So I found disposable sunglasses that stay on with light pressure on your temples. They are polarized and very light! I ordered mine through a website called http://rollens.com/product.php
They are very inexpensive. I hope this helps other patients as it helped me.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

What the cost really $5,500?
I had a neck lift as well at the same time (great result, separate fee) and I am a nurse so I got a professional discount for the nose surgery. :-) Fees vary significantly depending on nasal problems and surgery needed to correct them. Best to find doctor based on experience and results, as opposed to just fees. If you know someone whose nose was done and liked the results, I found that to be the best form of referral.
Cool sunglasses! I wish I had them after my procedure. Your nose looks great.
Hi Zooster, Thanks. The sunglasses are a huge help at this time and they don't look bad for being so inexpensive. I actually had a girl at the health club ask me where I got them :-) I gave her a pair since I have plenty of them at home (minimum order was 50 pairs for under $50 US dollars), she was very happy to receive them. I keep them in my car, husband's car, purse, etc. They are disposable but you get many uses out of them before you throw them out.
Beautiful results already. Congrats. I can totally understand why you were avoiding the packing as I like you was horrified to think I couldn't breath from my nose. For both my primary and revision my nose was not packed.
Thank you, so far so good. I know that swelling takes several months to go away. Sorry to hear that you needed a revision. What happened? Are you pleased with the final results? Also I read posts that some people were swallowing blood, possibly because no packing was used? What was your experience?
Long story but was not happy with the appearance of my nose after the primary and it got worse even with breathing. I'm almost 5 months post and there's still swelling on the tip as I have thick skin. So far I see marked improvement. I didn't experience blood swallowing. In my revision I had splints and it was hard to breath and sleep at night and my mouth would get super dry.