Mommy Makeover - July 3rd! - Beverly Hills, CA

Finally trying to put my story together but with...

Finally trying to put my story together but with the kids I can't seemed to get much done. Lord help my husband while I am recovering. I am having a TT, BA, and Lipo next Tuesday! I am excited to get this procedure over with so I can jump into the recovery and just get to getting. My biggest fear is I am not going to wake up off the table. How morbid I know. At this point, the pain is going to be what the pain is going to be. I have my meds already, will be at an after care facility for 2 days. My MIL is coming out to help my husband with the boys for 2 weeks.

My lovely boys are 3.5 and 14 months. I am sad that I am not going to be able to get down and be rough and tumble with them for a bit but I just keep reminding myself that I give and give and give and this is something I am doing for ME!! Something I am giving myself. I never get much time for myself and getting to a gym is out of the question.

I am 5'10, 175. This is the heaviest I have ever been so I am not thrilled about it. I have always been. My husband has been very supportive simply saying, "If this is going to let you feel better about your body then go for it."

Recovery-wise I am planning to go back to work 1 day shy of 2 weeks. I have pretty much a desk job so I am hoping that is going to be realistic. Really that is all the time I could take off. I am going to really have to keep myself in check and not over due it, especially where the kids are concerned.

Went in today post op day 8 and just saw the nurse...

Went in today post op day 8 and just saw the nurse...

Went in today post op day 8 and just saw the nurse since the dr is on vacation. She said I look great and seem to be healing nicely. She took off the tape, or whatever is over my incision and replace it with fresh stuff. Nothing exciting just that I looked great, be patient to see my results but that I am going to be happy with them. I go into see the dr. next week (7/19) so we will see what he says.

I am standing fairly upright but my lower back gets very sore by the end of the day since my stomach muscles are probably nonexistent right now and my back has to over compensate. In the mornings I have a pain in my left groin area that is apparently a nerve that is trying to heal. I massage it in the morning and by the the afternoon it doesn't bother me. Just annoying that I sort of feel like I start over every morning. Otherwise feeling good every day. Go back to work on Monday-boo!

Hey! Glad to see you are doing good! I am feeling sooo good lately I wish I could get into a good work out routine again but I still have to wait. I have been very active so far, walked 3 miles this morning, and have been going out almost everyday because I hate being stuck in the house! I havent gotten that exhausted feeling that a lot of women talk about after their tummy tucks I feel really good. My swelling is finally starting to go down and I can really see the results more and that is sooo nice. When I was so swollen I looked terrible and felt terrible and thought I would never look better! Lol...Good luck with work on Monday! It totally sucks my hubby has to go back to work Saturday :( Even though I know I can manage without him it has been so nice having him hear taking care of everything! When are you gonna post some pics?? I wanna see how you look!! Take care and hope to hear from you soon!
Hi Judy, totally hear you about your fears about not waking up! Everyone I talked to told me I was fine and I was! You will be fine. I will be honest this has been harder than I thought it was going to be. My recovery has been steadily progressing but it is hard not to be able to do all the things I want to do with my kids, especially the baby. My husband has done a great job, and my mother in law has been helping. I am sad because the baby was a total momma's boy and now with daddy being much more hands on he is gravitating to daddy. Not picking him up is very hard. My dr. didn't give me a time frame really about how long before I can pick him up. I go in tomorrow and I am going to ask the question again to see if there is a better idea in relation now with my recovery. Do you have someone coming to help you? I would highly recommend staying at a recovery center at least the first night because that first night it was great having a nurse to help me. Our children are resilient and often to better than we think they will. At least that has been my experience. We were able to get the baby re-sleep trained before I went in so that helped my husband out with the bedtime routine. He of course he is breaking a tooth right now and has been up in the middle of the night but it is hubby's duty. I am starting to now be able to get down on the ground with them...slowly and I know the next week my recovery is just going to progress. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I will do any update tomorrow after my dr. appt.
You are so blessed....= ) yes i do i hired a friend who is actually a certified lvn/cna so she will be staying with me for 2 weeks and my mom of course shes god send she will help out with my lil men....i got 3 weeks vacation time so i am hoping this is good enough time for me to heal...but yes please keep me posted on your recovery and mommy duties as you can imagine thats the one thing that drives me crazy is not being able to cater to my lil men like i do...= )
Mlissaca...Good morning i was just reading your post...congrats....I go in for surgery Friday morning and yes as you can imagine i am freaking out....!! i have a 18 month old and a 7 year old im not to much worried about the older one i think what sends me to panic mood is my baby...he has been in a routine since he was born but ive noticed these past weeks hes been really acting up and the only way i can put him to bed is if i rock him..just like you. Just like you I do i do for my children( as i am a single parent) and right now im taking this time to do for me i feel so guilty what if something happens what if i dont wake up...oh no im a wreck...let me know how your babies did while you were out of commision..= ) I think what worries me the most how long would it be before i can pick up my lil guy...mind you he is 30lbs = ) never the less i will follow your recovery...happy healing
Thanks for checking. The first two days were rough. It was more than I had anticipated but I have been making amazing progress. I definitely felt emotions i had read about, why did i do this, etx and lots of tears. I am
So happy that i stayed two nights at ghe aftercare facility. The nurses were very helpful and looking back i dont think there is any way my husband could have dealt with me. Now that i have done it i can't believe a one night stay isnt mandatory.Got the drains out yesterday which was fantastic. Boy are those things a pain in the butt. It has been hard being home with the kids because they want me to do stuff and I just can't yet. I also feel guilty that my husband is doing everything even though I know it is good for him. I am making progress day by day. My breast as of yet haven't hurt much except the feeling of being a little engorged. The tummy is coming along slowly by surely. I am still not thrilled with how it looks but i know there is still swelling and I just need to be patient.

How are you doing?
Hey! So how did your surgery go? Mind went good and I also posted some New pics'! I hope your recovering good! Ttys :)
c.jenkins21 - would love to hear how you are doing after your surgery. I go into tomorrow morning at 7am!!
I was totally freaking out about dying the first time. It started to totally consume me and I was having terrible anxiety and panic attacks! Haha...now that I look back its ridiculous but at the time it was really bad. I'm with ya on the week 3 mark...I know the first week is gonna be terrible but it will only get better. So far I have bought a toilet seat riser with bars, a walker, I rented a recliner because I don't have room for a permanent one, I bought the zip up long Panama dresses, body shapers., front closing sports bras, granny pantries, one of those deep breathing machine things, and I think that's it so far! I still have a lot of little things left to get like antibacterial soap, alcohol pads for when your stripping the drains and low sodium food! Let me know of anything good you know of that. I need to get!
what did you totally freak out about the first time? Right now the only thing I am worried about is dying. I have a wonderful life, love my husband, love my boys too pieces. I am just scared that this selfishness will cost me everything. There it is...I said it. This nervousness doesn't completely consume me which is why I haven't cancelled. I just stop and think, stop being silly you will be fine lot of people do surgeries everyday. And then I am over it for that moment.

I am so excited for week 3 when I am expecting that I will feel significantly better (hopefully). I know the first week is suppose to suck. We started sleep training my youngest (14 months) last night because he has gotten into the habit of having me rock him to sleep at night..which only takes 15 minutes but I know that I am not going to be able to do that after next week. We have needed to do the sleeping training for a while but now I REALLY had no choice.

What are you doing to prepare? I see a lot of people take about getting a hospital bed, or recliner. I have no space in my house for that sort of stuff and I am really hoping that those type of things won't truly be necessary. I am putting a list together and am going to hit Target on Saturday to get everything I think I might need. You?
I am having a tummy tuck and BA!! I'm super excited...not really nervous, just ready to get it done and start recovering! I actually scheduled my surgery for the beginning of this year and totally freaked out and cancelled...so I think I have all the freaking out out of my system and am now totally ready! I am a stay at home mom so I don't technically have to take time off but my wonderful hubby is taking two weeks off to help me with recovery.
Are you excited?? Yours is right after mine!!
Yayy!!! So excited for you!! My surgery is scheduled for July 2nd so we can recover together!!
Yeah!! I woukd love to follow your recovery! What all are you having done? How much time are planning to take off? You excited? Nervous?