Finally Getting Rid of this Pouch AND getting a BUTT!!! - Beverly Hills, CA

My husband said I should take care of the "pouch"...

My husband said I should take care of the "pouch" and although I thought that was very sweet I just blew it off figuring I could get rid of it with exercise, proper nutrition. Nope. Didn't matter how thin I was it was always there. I used to have a stomach that was flat. I gained 30 lbs lost it and there it was my new friend.
I just want a flat stomach. I have a great shape just extra skin and some fat, my expectation is flat stomach and that my belly button is where it should be.
I have already learned so much reading through everyone's posts. I know what to expect, some things i am not looking forward too, but I feel more prepare caving found all of you.

I will post pictures if me before soon.

D

I went to another consult this morning and this PS...

I went to another consult this morning and this PS doesn't think I need a TT. He wants to do lipo on my stomach, hips, inner and outer thighs and the sides of my breast and then do laser lipo on my tummy to tighten it up. Oh, and he is going to harvest the fat and put it in my BUTT!!!! I have a flat butt and have always wanted a real one. I like that the down time is not as intense and the surgery isn't as invasive. I wondered why the other PS thought I needed TT with MR and some hip lipo. I've never had children so I don't have the same issues this can bring. My stomachs muscles are fit, I have been practicing Pilates for 10 years. I am happy I decided to see another PS. It seemed so fast. The other PS was ready for surgery immediately. I have seen three total or consults and two of the three said lipo, so I'm going with the lipo. I guess I'll have to change boards :(
We haven't set the date yet but as soon as we do I'll let y'all know! Thanks everyone!

Hi Just had lipo , upper lower abs, full back, inner thighs. He did the sides of my breasts too. It has been a struggle the past week. But I know things will get better. I had alot of problems with meds. I am older and dont really need a tummy tuck. I will not go there as this has been enough. If there is a bit of loose skin who cares. Good luck and its a journey for sure!!
Hi! Tomorrow is my day. I'm 50 so I'm very happy not to do the TT. How are you doing? I was reading my post and autocorrect replaced bra line with brain! No, I'm not having my brain liposuctioned. Too funny.

Well that is good news for you!!!   I will transfer your review over to the Liposuction community and hook you up with Kirsty who will be your CM:)

Keep in mind you are always welcome to participate in any forum or community on the site.    We are very glad to have you here.

Procedure is set for 1/31/13. Changed PS at...

Procedure is set for 1/31/13. Changed PS at lasting the. Much happier with Dr. K. Two of the three PS I had consults with said lipo so lipo it is. Stomach, Braine, hips, flanks (he does a full 360 so I feel in going to be flipped around that table like a rag doll! In addition to this he will do additional laser lipo to tighten my tummy and take the removed fat and place it in my rear end. Yay!
I have started taking Bromelaine and Arnica Montana 1500mg daily to cut the bruising and swelling. Hopefully this works. I am being taken to a OS rehab center after surgery for one night, possibly two dependent on how in doing. This is a requirement if my PS. The PS who was going to do the TT is scheduled didn't even mention this as an option.
I was surprised the PS wanted to do a TT as I have never had children, stomach muscles hard as a rock and no extra skin from large weight loss. I am so happy I took my consultants advice and saw one more doc.
If anyone has suggestions and experiences they can share I will be very thankful.
Denise

It's the night before my surgery, just got in to...

It's the night before my surgery, just got in to bed. Feeling a little anxious. The anesthesiologist called me tonight to introduce himself, ask some questions, etc. I thought that was great. My internist called too. My PS called twice. Also, the after care place, Serenity, called. I am in great hands and obviously have a great team so I just need to chill. This time tomorrow I will be in luxurious surroundings, taken care of by wonderful nurses. I wish it were this time tomorrow.
Going o read for a minute then try and sleep a few hours.
Until tomorrow,
Denise

Post op day 4. Feeling okay. Not so hungry yet,...

Post op day 4. Feeling okay. Not so hungry yet, bruised of course. Had lipo on inner/outer thighs, flanks, hips, bra line and around breasts also had laser lipo on stomach and to round it all out...fat injections into my flat butt. I think the most pain comes from the butt injections
I stayed 2 days in aftercare, thank goodness. If I had gone home I would ave been miserable. I'm lucky my doctor doesn't use drains so I don't have to deal that. I have able to reduce my pain meds by half.
I love my PS. He has called me everyday since my surgery, I like that I wasn't just another surgery. I am seeing him tomorrow for first post op,I will have him send me all photos to date.
I am walking outside every two hours for about 15 minutes, don't want to overdue it. It would be easy to do so as my husband doesn't exactly keep house like I do. Drives me crazy.
I can't live on yogurt, fat free pudding, applesauce, jello and oatmeal. Anyone have any inspired food suggestions?
I'm going to take my first shower with no professional assistance. Not looking forward to it, I am but I'm not.
I changed PS a week before surgery. My PS name is Garo Kassabian and he in on Bedford in Beverly Hills. I am so looking forward to the results although I won't see for awhile. I am also hopeful I stay as healthy with no recovery issues.
See you soon,
D

How are you doing now? Its been a harder time for me but I know worth it in the long run!

Hi there,

How are you doing? I hope your recovery is going well and you're healing nicely!

Please do keep us updated on your progress!

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Garo Kassabian at Lift MD in Beverly Hills. I found him through my friend who is a PS consultant.