5 Days Post Lipo - Flanks, Abs, Inner/Outer Thighs, Inner Knees - Beverly Hills, CA

When I decided to get lipo, I did not anticipate...

When I decided to get lipo, I did not anticipate doing so much (or spending so much). I was originally going in for my thighs and knees, but after considering the fact that I'm athletic and not overweight (160 cm and 62 kg) and yet I haven't been able to get rid of my love handles with diet and exercise, I decided to go for it.

The doctor had to do a bit of lipo on my stomach for continuity between my back and front, which has impacted my recovery - but I can already see results. My back is the most sore of all the areas lipo'd. Getting up, sitting down, falling asleep, staying asleep - performing all of these actions is difficult. I am still incredibly swollen (I won't even try to wear anything but pajama pants!) but I have stopped taking percocet because my doctor told me that an anti-inflammatory (advil/motrin etc) would hasten recovery and help me not feel sluggish.

Though the pain is still extreme and prevents me from engaging in any strenuous activity (can't be up for long periods of time), I do feel better off of the drugs. Yesterday was my post-op appointment (day 4 after surgery) and I got compression garments. I gave one a try last night in addition to the waist wrap. I would recommend this garment as it was fairly easy to get on since the sides have hooks and zippers. The brand is Design Veronique #755 (Zippered Below-knee Girdle). However, at 4am I woke up in extreme discomfort, with the feeling that my internal organs were being squeezed, and I had to undo the waist wrap and the compression garment around my waist.

I'm feeling better now, but I am somewhat concerned that the snugness of the garment and waist wrap could be adversely affecting my body. My main concern through this ordeal is my recovery. I am worried about irregularities, smoothness, and of course, being able to resume normal activities. I'm heartened to read that there are others who are having a tougher time in their recoveries (I thought it was just me!) and I'm glad to have found a place for support. We should all be proud of ourselves for being brave enough to have made this decision to improve ourselves and by extension, our lives. Bravo!

I am reserving judgement on my doctor's performance until I can see the results of his work. I'm too swollen to determine whether or not I believe he is truly skilled or if I paid a lot of money for mediocre work.