Well Worth It if You Work Long Hours, Night Vision Not Perfect - Beverly Hills, CA

I found a livingsocial discount for lasik for...

I found a livingsocial discount for lasik for $2700 at a place that normally charges $5000. I work as a paramedic and need my vision to be good at all times. I was never able to nap and couldn't work double shifts because if I fell asleep my contacts would be killing my eyes. Cornea Eye Institute checked my vision using some crazy machines that were much more effective than the typical "which is better, A or B" testing. The procedure itself didn't hurt a bit- however, after the procedure for a day and a half I wanted to tear my eyes out and wasn't able to sleep with the pain (didn't try any painkillers). After that it was uncomfortable to sleep for a couple weeks, and for the first few weeks there was a lot of haloing. That went away, and within a few months my vision was at the best it's ever been. My daytime vision is now awesome, and my nighttime vision is great, though street signs are fuzzy at night. I was blind as a bat before and this procedure changed my life for the better. It's only been a year and a half but my vision is still great. I would HIGHLY recommend this procedure to adults (the doc said that until age 25 your vision is still changing) who are sick of contacts.

Was this procedure done with a laser?

Welcome to RealSelf.

It's wonderful that this worked out so well for you!  Happy to hear your vision is improved and things are good.

Cornea Eye Institute

The doctor was great, and his staff was very knowledgeable and friendly!