Top Notch Physician! - Beverly Hills, CA

Prior to meeting Dr. Gary Alter, I underwent a...

Prior to meeting Dr. Gary Alter, I underwent a Labia Minora Reduction in 2010 with a OBGYN in Upland Ca. The Upland MD reassured me he was well trained in the procedure, however, I was left with no Labia Minora on the left side and very little on the right. The asymmetry I was left with was horrifying.
After much research, I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Gary Alter. Of course, since I already had a botched job, I was very nervous about another surgery. Dr. Alter was sympathetic and took his time to listen. He showed me many corrections he previously completed. He informed me of his own technique he created. I learned Dr. Alter is an affiliate at UCLA Medical Center. At this point, I felt I was in experienced and knowledgeable hands. I scheduled surgery to have Dr. Alter perform a Labiaplasty revision as well as Clitoroplexy, this was completed in 2011. I couldn't believe the excellent care I received not only during the surgery but post-op as well. Dr. Alter and staff were with me through the entire process. I was left with no scars. When my husband stated, " I can't tell you've had any surgery, you look natural" I was so excited! That in itself made the long drive to Beverly Hills well worth it. Recently I decided to return to Dr. Alter, this time for Labia Majora Reduction. I decided on Labia Majora Reduction due to a change in the outer Labia from weight loss, as well as age. Once again, Dr. Alter and staff were phenomenal. I can't say enough about Dr. Alter's level of expertise. He does not treat his patients as cookie cutter but takes his time to provide services on a case by case basis. Dr. Alter is experienced with proper suture technique and tissue healing which is also a big bonus when it comes to scar reduction and a skill many surgeons lack. Dr. Alter's staff are kind and accommodating as well. They were courteous to my needs with scheduling and appointments and Zena is a true gem! Dr. Alter is a skilled artist and by far the expert in these procedures. He is the kind of physician who takes his time to personally call his patients at home post op to make certain you are doing well! A Top Notch MD!

So happy for you that the revision went well!! Thanks so much for sharing as your story will encourage others that if something goes wrong there are solutions.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon