Very Happy! Definitely Worth It - Beverly Hills, CA

I am 23 and had this procedure on 10/25. I am SO...

I am 23 and had this procedure on 10/25. I am SO happy I did it. I had wanted this done for years but did not know it was a possibility until recently.

I admit that I had this procedure done for cosmetic reasons, my right labia was long and shriveled-looking, but wasn't so bad that it was painful or debilitating. I had the trim method done on the right side, as Dr. Mehr expressed that it made the most sense considering my anatomy and the look I was going for. I had the procedure done on twilight sedation and local anesthesia in Dr. Mehr's onsite OR. This was important to me too because many other doctors tacked on thousands to their quotes for general anesthesia and outside operating room costs. Twilight sedation was more than enough. I was pretty much blacked out the whole day until the next morning. I don't remember anything about the procedure itself, and only remember bits and pieces from the rest of the day. I do remember feeling completely fine and pain free for the rest of the day, but my sister (who was taking care of me) reminded me later that I was definitely loopy and still drugged for the whole day. I was prescribed 10 days worth of antibiotics, an ointment, and hydrocodone. I took the hydrocodone for about 4 days and didn't have much pain after that. For about a week after the procedure, I rinsed with warm water and reapplied the ointment every time I used the restroom. My stitches looked like they dissolved completely by day 15, and were a little itchy at times. I haven't had any complications with healing. So far I've had two follow up appointments (Day 4 and Day 18) and have another one scheduled in a couple weeks. Before my first follow up, I was already very pleased with the result, but was elated to see how proud the Dr. was of his work when he saw it again. I knew I made the right choice in finding a great doctor.

Advice for anyone considering this procedure: Know what you want to have done, and don't let a doctor tell you how you should look, it is your decision and yours alone! Several doctors tried to convince me I needed both sides done, when I was really concerned about my right side. Also, it is important to have realistic expectations. I personally don't think it's a very "pretty" part of the body, and knew that the end result would be an improvement terms of size and not a complete reconstruction. I personally wanted to maintain a natural look. Good luck!!

Dr. Mehr also did my labia reduction. He did exactly what I wanted! He didn't try to do what he thought would be best. After all, ladies, these are our vaginas...lol. He's great and gives a very fair deal. The best!

Thanks for your awesome advice, and you definitely did your homework!  Your information is really valuable.  Glad you are happy. :)

Thank you SO much for your review. I know it's going to help lots of other ladies. I'm happy YOU'RE happy with your results. Hooray for success!

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon

For the past three months I have spent countless hours doing research looking for a surgeon that I was happy with. Cost was a big issue for me, and I was so discouraged by the many surgeons, especially in Beverly Hills, that would quote me $3500 and above without even knowing how much or how little I wanted to have removed. On the other hand, there were doctors who wouldn't give a price without a consultation, and after wasting both my time and theirs, they still quoted $3500+. It was increasingly frustrating because the more consultations I went on, the more I wanted to have the procedure done, and was devastated each time to learn it was out of my price range. I was so desperate I began cold calling plastic surgery offices, regardless of whether or not they advertised labiaplasty, just to ask if they offered it and if I could come in for a consultation. I was happy to find Dr Mehr, as he is a highly decorated surgeon and could accommodate my budget. I was most pleased wit Dr. Mehr because the first question he asked me during my consultation was to show him what I wanted done. He's a little quirky, but I could tell his focus is entirely on being an excellent surgeon.