NOT Worth It - Beverly Hills, CA

Pros: FIRST SESSION did seem to lighten some of...

pros: FIRST SESSION did seem to lighten some of the brown spots and sun damaged areas of my skin. i was encouraged. they said this process of lightening would continue as the "laser brought the pigment to the surface and it was exfoliated or flaked off"

they recommended using sunscreen, which i did use but mostly i stayed entirely out of the sun.

CONS: SESSIONS 2-4 (over a 6 month period) i had 4 treatments on my face. i am very pale so brown spots and freckles are very noticeable, both in their presence and absence.

anyway, yesterday, i went to get what would have been my fifth treatment yesterday and requested to look at the photos from my visits (which i basically have to strong arm them in to taking). not only had i NOT improved from the beginning, which would have been disappointing enough, but there were actually MORE and DARKER brown spots.

my totally uneducated theory is that maybe the laser-ing makes you even MORE sensitive to light?... so anytime you are exposed to uv light it causes even more damage than it would have before? so the first one maybe sensitized the skin, then the other 3 just straight damaged it...

the woman told me i needed "lightening drops" which seemed a little outrageous since the laser was billed as taking care of the spots, and she told me the DROPS would attack the spots not the light part of my skin. which is not true. and if it were true why would i need the laser at all.

i did not get the fifth procedure done. she was supposed to give me copies of my pictures but she wouldnt. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. i would have tried to get mine back but my friends work at this place.

anyway, people had tried to warn me it hadnt worked for them. i had to learn the hard way. all i can say is, if you do it, MAKE SURE THEY TAKE PICTURES ***eVERY*** TIME, and if there is no improvement, make sure you get your money back.

nurse

reluctant to take photos reluctant to put "promises" in writing reluctant to review photos when faced with lack of progress, reluctant to admit procedure just wasnt working. wanted to keep scheduling me for more appts.

Some people respond, some don't and some end up with damaged skin. I think you did the right thing by asking for your pictures and stopping treatment. NO point in wasting your precious money. I hope your skin is OK now.

Hi Beverly,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Sorry to hear you did not get the results you were hoping for. Did your face peel at all, it doesn't sound like it, I wonder if they didn't use a strong enough setting. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,