Eyelifts on Top and Bottom and Ptosis Repair -Beverly Hills, CA

I am 54 years old and recently lost 80 lbs. I felt...

I am 54 years old and recently lost 80 lbs. I felt fantastic and energetic but it upset me when people frequently told me that I had huge black bags under my eyes. I had consultations with several plastic surgeons about having upper and lower eyelift surgery and realized that I not only needed upper and lower eyelifts but also surgery to repair ptosis or droopy upper eyelids that were beginning to impair my vision. Many cosmetic surgeons do not do ptosis surgery and a facial cosmetic surgeon (who performs eyelifts but not ptosis) suggested I contact Dr. Taban.

I immediately researched Dr. Taban on the internet and was impressed with his qualifications. As an attorney myself, schools are important to me and I liked that Dr. Taban was Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa from UCLA undergrad and went to UC Irvine Medical School. Dr. Taban specializes in eyelid, orbital and facial cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He is double certified by the American Society of Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and a diplomat of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, with offices in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles (UCLA Jules Stein Institute) and Santa Barbara. He also is an Assistant Professor at UCLA.

During my initial consultation Dr. Taban fully explained the surgery to me and answered all my questions. He was confident and assured me that my eyes would look remarkably better with upper and lower eyelifts as well as the ptosis repair. He put a drop in one of my eyes and showed me that with the ptosis repair the opening of my eyes would be bigger and my vision would improve. I was thrilled to be able to schedule the surgery within a couple weeks after my consultation with Dr. Taban.

After the surgery my eyes were sore but not painful. I used frozen bags of peas to soothe my eyes, took prescribed antibiotics and other medications and generously applied a prescription ointment on the incisions as directed by Dr. Taban. Dr. Taban did a procedure on the lower eyelids called "Lower Eyelid Fat Repositioning Through Transconjunctival Incision."

One week later Dr. Taban took out the stitches and I felt comfortable going out in public the next day. Dr. Taban told me I could start wearing makeup about 11 days after the surgery. On the 11th day I still had some bruising below my eyes, but concealer covered the bruises.

It is more than one month after my surgery now and the results are amazing. When I look at the BEFORE and AFTER photos I realize that Dr. Taban is truly a miracle worker. THANK YOU Dr. Taban for the incredible job you did on my eye surgery!!!

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!

EYELID SURGERY TOP AND BOTTOM + PTOSIS REPAIR MADE EYES BIGGER

15 months post surgery

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

what a fabulous result. thanks for sharing this. I wonder if you and I had the same procedure for ptosis repair....I bet we did. :) Beautiful outcome!

Please send me some photos--- ***@yahoo.com I still complained about small bumps around my eyes so a few days ago I got the CO2 fraxial lazer by a cosmetic dermatologist in Beverly Hills. It will take 10 days to heal but I think my complexion will look remarkably better. Then I'm done with the big expenses & will probably need a little botox or juviderm.

I am going in on Oct. 10th for lower bags. So happy to see wonderful results like yours!
Thank you. Good luck & post photos !!!
Oh my gosh, congratulations on the NEW YOU! I really want to see pics!! Wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your story!
I put photos up Send me your email and I will show you full face. Eyes were only half open before surgery & now fully open. DO you notice the difference int he photos? Now they want me to have laser resurfacing to smooth out little wrinkles and bumps, which will cost more than the eye surgery!!!!
Wow! Pictures look great! I sent you my email address! Thank you!

Thanks for sharing.  Congrats on the weight loss and on a successful surgery.

I weighed nearly 200 lbs in January 2012 and went to the RFO weight loss program at UCLA. I lost more than 80 lbs and now weigh 119. I have been able to keep off my weight for over a year but I needed NEW EYES to match my size 2 body. I just put up before and after photos.Send me your email and I will show you full face. Eyes were only half open before surgery & now fully open. DO you notice the difference int he photos? Now they want me to have laser resurfacing to smooth out little wrinkles and bumps, which will cost more than the eye surgery!!!!

Do I notice a difference?!?!?  Uhhhhhhh- YES!!  HUGE difference, you look amazing.  As far as the laser resurfacing, if it were me I'd wait a little while and see if I really wanted it or felt I needed it.

I lost the weight on a program through UCLA lead by Dr David Heber, head of nutrition at UCLA. I weighed nearly 200 lbs. Now I weigh 119 & have maintained weight loss for more than a year. Everybody told me my eyes looked terrible . So glad I did the 3 part surgery. Send me your email & I will forward before & after photos.
Absolutely fabulous! Congratulations!
Thank you. I appreciate your nice compliment!