Expert in Revisional Eyelid Issues. - Beverly Hills, CA

I have had prior cosmetic eyelid surgery and now...

I have had prior cosmetic eyelid surgery and now been having difficulty closing my eyes well at night. I was recommended to see Dr. Zoumalan by a friend of mine and he is really been a blessing. Since I was still several months out from my surgery, he recommended some injections of steroid to help soften up my scar tissue. We are now almost a year out from my first surgery and I can notice an improvement in how well I can close my lids. Dr. Zoumalan recommends me to undergo a minor revision to help lift the lower lids up to a higher position, and I am hoping things will go just as planned. He is really a caring and compassionate doctor and I am so glad I found him...Wendy H.
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

My ophthalmologlist has referred me to another Dr. that does oculoplastic surgery for my droopy eyelids. He said something about the muscles under the eyelids needed to be tightened. Does anyone know what he is talking about? Do they remove the excess skin on the eyelid? What is this procedure called? HELP PLEASE ! !
If you are talking about your lower lids it's probably a lateral strip canthoplasty. If that's the case please be aware and do your homework. My surgeon did this to me without my permission and I have strange asymmetrical eyes among many other complications. If you want more details you can private message me. Good luck
No it is for my upper lids. He did not think my lower lids needed anything done to them.
Sounds like ptosis repair to me.  I think they remove excess skin if you need it to be done, just depends.
Your right, he said that I have ptosis, but that the muscle needed repairing. That if he just removed the excess skin that it really wouldn't do any good. ( I spoke to the doctors nurse that he referred me to after I had posted. He is the ONLY one in our state that does this type surgery, I couldn't get in to see him until the 20th of March, which is about 2 1/2 wks. from now.