Excellent Doctor -Beverly Hills, CA

I had marked ptosis on my right eyelid and to a...

Tips to deal with the surgery:
Remember it is not an eyebrow wax... it is SURGERY and it will NOT be like nothing happened the next day... it takes a few days to feel well. If you are impatient like me, it is a true test of learning that patience is a virtue and that not a lot changes in the mirror within an hour.
Listen to what your Doctor says and his recommendations. Follow them to the T
Cold compresses help tremendously. My Doctor said 20 min on / 20 min off and I feel it helped a lot with the discomfort and bruising.
Don't plan anything for at least 7 days. take it as a time to allow your body to heal properly.
It is not the time for spring cleaning or spending hours on the computer... relax, listen to music, podcasts, enjoy your couch, your bed with tons of pillows to prop you up, and most importantly feed your body well. The body needs good amounts of protein to heal the wounds so make the effort to eat well. I had protein shakes and boiled eggs to help me as my appetite was not there right after surgery. Don't order take outs full of sodium! Prepare a few meals before the surgery so all you have to do is reheat and eat....and one less thing to think about.
Drink plenty of water or herbal teas (chamomile, spearmint) to flush anesthetics and help with the swelling.
The most important factor for a successful surgery is a qualified surgeon. The most important factor for recovery is rest.

pictures

here are the pictures. left eye has slightly more swelling than the right, but it depends how I sleep the night before (did I mention sleeping on your back is terribly uncomfortable but helps?
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

I had marked ptosis on my right eyelid and to a lesser degree on my left. My ophthalmologist said my peripheral vision was impaired and I needed surgery. The idea of having a procedure done on my face, let alone my eyes, was terrifying to say the least. I am 42 years old! but the daily headaches from lifting my forehead to be able to see while driving were getting too much to handle so i decided it was time. My primary as well as my ophthalmologist recommended Dr. Christopher Zoumalan. I booked my appointment and decided to book 2 more appointments elsewhere with other big names in the field just to get other opinions. Dr. Zoumalan and his staff set the standard so high that my subsequent two appointments with other Doctors were a true waste of time... well not completely because it gave me the reassurance that I was in the best hands I could possibly be with Dr. C. Zoumalan. Surgery went flawless, minimal bruising, follow ups by the Doctor and his staff were superb, all my little and big questions were answered patiently and thoroughly. I had my stitches out after 7 days. It all went well but got concerned about the sutures on the right eye 2 days later. I called the office to leave a message at 5:30 PM and and I was pleasantly surprised that. Dr. Zoumalan himself called me within a minute and had me come to the office right away. It was nothing to be concerned about but it put my mind at ease. It is exactly 3 weeks now and unless you stare at me at less than 1 foot distance from my face you would never be able to tell I had bilateral blepharoplasty... and the Dr. says I am still swollen a bit! He is extremely talented as a physician, very caring, very knowledgeable, and an excellent artist with the scalpel. His staff members are very friendly, professional and very caring as well. I could not have asked for more. THANK YOU!!