Seeking Feedback About E-Matrix for Treating Acne Scar - Beverly Hills, CA

Hello all, I had my first appointment with a...

Hello all, I had my first appointment with a (quite well-known with good reputation according to reviews) dermatologist in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles yesterday. I have been suffering from acne for more than 20 years of my life so far, from severe, moderate to weak but with lots of scars remained on my face. Accutane has been the last efficient medication which I have been taking ON and OFF for years until keeping the low dose of 5-10 mg once a week.

I have stopped it from 8 months ago for some other reasons. Since then, my skin seems to have been maintained itself to few acne during the week.I thought that resurfacing treatments would give me some better skin which was the motivation to see my doctor. She recommended e-Matrix due to the olive color of my skin for possibly 5 treatments of $750 each. Unfortunately, most of the reviews on the web are about laser treatments, and less information is available for e-Matrix mainly for scar removal. It seems that it is more used for wrinkle, etc. I appreciate if people could share their experiences mainly if they have used it for treating acne scar. Thank you very much.

I had my first eMatrix session today, just few...

I had my first eMatrix session today, just few hours ago. I was feeling burning starting about half and hour after the treatment. It became better but it is not gone yet. I will update more.

Online search.

Hi, I'm curious to hear that you were using a low dosage of Accutane once a week! Is this healthy and did your body have any crazy side effects. I have used it twice and my skin (while on it) looks amazing, not to mention my lips (because they become larger, which is weird). But everyone (including my derm) agrees that it's very hard on the liver, and for various other reasons. Since it is an overdose of Vit A, which is hard for the body to take. I also think that it may have caused me to have severe bouts of RA (a form of Arthritis). However, that being said, who was allowing you to take the low dose and how did you feel on it? I would love to stay on it for a small period of time just to maintain my skin and keep it from breaking out (which it doesn't do often, but I have the occasional annoyances).

I'd love to hear your feedback and HOW you managed to stay on it on a low 1/week dose. Also, how you felt on it. Was it hard on your healthy / body?

Thank you & best of luck to you. I too am thinking of using ematrix and have a consult with a well known Sobe doctor this week.

Hi I have some acne scars on my face for over 15 years. Although they are not too visible, I want to get rid of them. I had tried injection for filling them up, having chemical peelings, MTS and I had IPL treatment on a monthly basis for one and a half years. The scars did improved (they are only be seen when lights spot on my face). I am looking for great result with e-matrix treatment. I read the comments provided on this website and decided to try. I made an appointment for the treatment this Thursday. It's HK$12,000/3 treatments. (HK$1=US$7.8, sorry my calculation is not good). I will definitely post my experience after my first treatment this Thursday).