Dr Haworth Top,& Corner Lip Lifts ear lobe shortening (Also nose Colemnella Shortening and Lower Blephs) - Beverly Hills, CA

In spite of being as famous as he is (Swan Doctor...

Dr Haworth Top,& Corner Lip Lifts (Also Nose Colemnella Shortening and Lower Blephs) - Beverly Hills, CA

It's day 3 and the worse for swelling in the healing process. I stayed up all night icing round the clock the first night so I decided to sleep last night went to sleep at 8 woke up at 1:30 achy and swollen in top lip and nose areas. So here I am icing again and took my pain meds. I think I was icing so much the first 24 hours I did not have a lot of swelling wow what a difference icing makes!

Picture's of days 1-4 progression Dr Haworth lip & nose

Here are progression photo's from days 1 thru 4. I am hoping it shows what Dr Haworth had to work with. I wanted mouth corners lifted slightly and although I already had nice full lips I wanted a sexier pout. My nose has always been a problem for me in photos (no one seemed to notice accept me) as my nostrils have a asymetrical deformity/unevenness you can see clearly in the pic's. Dr Haworth suggested an ear cartledge graft to the higher nostril (which I may still do) however we decided to try a slight rasping of the lower nostril to see if it will add enough difference to balance the look. It will take a while for the full effect to manifest through healing and sloughing. I love the lips! They are still swollen from surgery but I think healing very well. I think the incisions are healing perfectly. Even though the sutures from corners are not inside I am not worried about them scarring at all.

day 3 pic

Last update until healing is complete

I won't post any further pics until healing is finished as I don't think the pics are adequately showing the improvement or my overall results. It looks far better in person and I can't get a good pic with my phone and the hotel lighting.

Nov 7th lip/nose progression

As swelling goes thru many changes and becomes swollen and thinner at different intevals and is uneven it is too soon to judge until 6 mos or more after. I know alot of people stop posting after they are happy and enjoying their new look. My nose and nostrils appear very isometrical (one of my flaws) I do not want people to think it is Dr Haworths fault fixing my nose will be a process so in my pics mine looks uneven but in person it is already looking alot better than before surgery. My nose tip is still swollen and in my pictures I will not wear makeup or try to make an unnatural expression. I want people to see what it REALLY looks like for their own information and what to expect. I am extremely happy! when I wear makeup and foundation I am almost too pretty. Not trying to be bold but if I put anything with much color on these lips It attracts too much attention to just go to the grocery store LOL. So if you want to knock them out at the clubs..definately go with Dr Haworth for lips ;)

Nose and lips

area between top lip and nose are still swollen, nose still really swollen (tip and nostrils) Cant hold a straw with lips without looking like a mutant. Have fantom itches that I cant scratch and sometimes a sharp twinge of pain on rare occasions which I am sure it is the area healing still. Wanted to add that in case others experience it so they know its normal. I noticed that now my scar area is beginning to look more exaggerated where I can see the tiny marke where an external stitch was and the insision areas at corner of lips (corner lip lift) are more pronounced at this point. I will try to find a doctor in my area willing to laser the scar areas, but so far no one will do it. They keep telling me "we dont do spot treatments" etc... but I'll find someone or have to fly back to Dr Haworth. He includes it as part of the surgery :)

2 mos out now

Swelling is less than the first month but is still there at nose tip and base of nose/lip area and is still itchy and tender if I press on it from healing. I think the nose tip and lips swells easily as a rule anyway (if you get a cold or bump it etc) so since I had cutting and sewing done to them both I expect it to take another couple of months to calm down. believe I am now 2 mos out. I can tell that my nostril asymmetry (which was present prior to surgery) will be improved after the swelling subsides. I do notice some tender areas that may be the dissolvable sutures wanting to surface a bit (that I am sure doctor Haworth could fix if I were close to his office but I live far away)) I still think It will take a skin graft to make my nostrils perfect although someone mentioned it can also be fixed with silicon 1000 so I may check into that later. As for the lips .....I LOVE them! I can see that it will keep getting better as the swelling and stiffness resolve but I already love them so that will totally ice the cake! The corner lift it so awesome...i never worry about looking as tho I am scowling when I am just relaxed and not consciously trying to raise my lip corners lol. I think the lips were $6,100 for the top and $3,700 for the corners that includes everything....not a cheap surgery but it's a very obvious improvement, it's something I enjoy when I look at my face every day, I felt Dr Haworth is a specialist in this particular kind of surgery and the results are permanent and to me worth every cent.
It's a funny comparison but it's like this is one time when money can literally buy happiness...or at least the appearance of it :)

December 2013

Better all the time. Columella still very stiff and area between nose base and top lip is still very tight and firm. Nostrils still swell easily if I am doing too much work or exercise right nostril still asymmetric (is was prior to surgery) but has improved as a result of the surgery although I will probably need the cartilage graft at some point to truely perfect it.

Ear lobe reduction right after surgery

I did not get any before pictures of my ear lobes because shortening them was a last minute decision just before going into surgery for my lips and nose. I took this picture to show Dr Haworth's work. I knew the price was higher than all the other ear lobe reduction's I had researched but Dr Haworth's technique for the surgery was very different than I had seen. Most other surgeons I have read about (even on here) perform a sort of wedge technique whereby a section of the lobe is removed in the center sort of like a v wedge and than it is stitched leaving a faint scar that runs down the center of the lobe. I could understand this being a less expensive way to go because it seems simple. But what Dr Haworth did to mine was much more time consuming I'm sure as he shortened them entirely along the bottom edge and than carefully stitched the entire lobe. I thought the tiny blue stitches were sort of cute. I will say the recovery was rougher than all the others and is taking the mist time. My ears were swollen and sore for weeks and are still tender when I sleep on them. Sad thing is I would like them even shorter but I kindof dread going thru it again :)

Feb 2014 update

Well here are some pics. I think it will be another 4-5 mos before it more settled although it looks better every month. Its looking softer and more natural now finally. Incision area tissue and swelling is becoming softer and thinner and does not pull as much when I smile or laugh. Remember I had nose worked on and lip lift/corner lift so its a longer healing process. the nose tip is the part that will take longer. It still swells a lot by the end of the day and nostrils are swollen and distorted at times and as you can see I still will need the ear cartlage graft to my left nostril in the future (my natural nose not the surgeons mistake for the record)

Scar areas

I forgot to add I am not wearing any makeup in these last pics so you can see there is still some redness around the incision areas not so much the lip corner lift areas anymore though. But I did not require and lasering of the scars as they are not detectable. So all that scary cutting as you can see in my first days pics..left no detectable scars on me at least. I know scars are what everyone freaks out about with this surgery.

8 mos post op pic with pre surgery photo comparison

8 mos. post op pic with pre surgery photo comparison. What else is there to say. I love it. Money well spent! No regrets, easy recovery. Both pictures are with my iphone5 and with not a trace of makeup :)
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

In spite of being as famous as he is (Swan Doctor and all) Dr H and his staff are down to earth, easy to talk to and professional. I always felt that my needs, desired look and comfort were priority. I have had prior surgeries by differect surgeons, all good, all met my needs well. I was impressed with the amount of time Dr Haworth spent with me just prior to surgery going over each procedure and answering questions. I even added a couple small things (lower blephs and ear lobe reduction) I never felt rushed or like my questions were silly. Of course like most surgeons he marked with a pen on my body to mark areas that would be getting improvements, but I was impressed with his precision and use of a caliper type device to make each mark to perfection. Actually that is what made me feel he was the kind of perfectionist I wanted to work on my face. I knew I had made the best choice for me. PS I did not wait longer than you would for any good doctor that gives quality attention to his patients. I never felt bored maybe I waited 20 minuted max

Gorgeous
As Elemgee said, even with the asymmetry relating to the nostrils a bit, you still LOOK GORGEOUS and the result is amazing. The asymmetry is actually cute and I am convinced I want to see Dr. Haworth based upon your results. I hope to be Loving Life with my lip lift (which will be a revision lip lift) when the time comes. Thank you SO much for sharing your story.
Looks great! I see where you mean that it's still asymmetrical, and frankly, that scares me. I have dreamt for YEARS of getting a Haworth lip lift, but the asymmetry I see in a lot of his patients scares me enough to not take the plunge-- my nose is almost perfect (naturally) and I'm fearful I'll end up with another problem. You still look gorgeous, by the way-- beautiful nose-lip area!!!
Don't let my nasal asymmetry scare you Elemgee LOL mine at least was much worse before Dr Haworth's lip lift and columnela shortening. He actually made a modest improvement for mine so I am very pleased.
The result actually pretty encouraged me
wow. you look amazing. congratulations. Do you find your smile is the same after the lip lift? Have you noticed a difference at all in that department? thank you for sharing with us.
Fabulous!! He's one of the best for lip lifts. Did you get any strange looks during the first weeks of recovery? Did they ask what you had done?
Hhhh I hid out the first 10 days but no one noticed a thing. Do far they just think I look younger but can't figure out why :)
U look pretty How is ur scar now?
I can't even find the scar areas from the lip lift and the corner lip lift is only visible if I stretch the area and really try to find it. No one would notice it is there.
Hi Lovenlife, do you remember how long it took for the corner lift to heal? I'm having this done in a few days and took 9 days off from work, so I'm wondering if that will be enough...your lips look absolutely amazing :)
I think you will be fine. The whiskers aka stitches there are the main tell tail sign. Once there out you'll heal fast. You will love it :)
U look so pretty Iam happy 4 u dear .
Lulu ;) she added a pictures and she already wrote about scar :) x
Yea i saw it Wonderfull
Hi! Your lips look ABSOLUTELY great, honestly one of the most sexy/beauitiful lips I've EVER seen soooo great!! I was wondering how many mm you removed though?? Once again, SOO PRETTY!
THANK YOU :) :) I did not ask Dr Howorth how many mils. he removed But in a month or so I will put the before and after side by side if it helps visually. Again Thank you
That would be tremendously useful, thank you! Also, I must tell you again really how BEAUTIFUL your lips look! They remind me of Aishwarya Rai's lips - SO PRETTY! :D
Oh I just love her! Thankyou :) :)
just beautiful
God!!! Sooo perfect!!! You look like a 18 years old victoria secret model !!! Jealous sooo much...
Jolka88w your adorable! Thank you so much lol ..big hug :)
Lovely! Thanks for the update. Blessings.
Hello dear your lips are fabulous incredible beautiful shape , can you plz mention how much did you pay for the lip procedure and where ur surgery was ? Thank u
Any new updates/pictures? How is the healing going? Thanks for sharing with us!