1 Week Post Op: BBL With Dr. Ghavami - Beverly Hills, CA

I am a 20-something year old woman who has been...

I am a 20-something year old woman who has been wanting a bigger butt FOREVER. My butt has a nice shape but it only looks decent when I'm overweight. When I get down to my ideal weight (complete with a small waist), my butt goes completely FLAT. I've thought about getting this surgery for several months now but got really serious about it a couple months ago. After extensive research, I chose Dr. Ghavami in Beverly Hills. He is known to specialize in this surgery and his credentials are amazing. So I feel comfortable and safe knowing that he has great expertise and knows what he's doing.

My surgery is set on August 24th and my consultation is August 2nd. He is really booked so I put a payment down of $750 last month just to schedule my surgery 2 months in advance. The earliest date they had for a consultation was August 2nd so I didn't want to wait so long just to have a consultation, then wait even longer to schedule surgery, so I just scheduled everything at once (very impatient woman here lol)

So anyway, right now my waist and hip measurements are 36-40.5..I measured my waist around my belly button (the farthest extended area), I don't even know if that's the proper way to do it, but whatever lol

I am currently around 144lbs and I'm 5"5. I'm actually trying to gain more weight because I want a DONK..if I'm paying all this money, I want to be walking around looking like Nicki Minaj's little sister lol. I am going to make sure I emphasize this to Dr. Ghavami at my consultation. I will update then :)

Today was my consultation! The staff were really...

Today was my consultation! The staff were really nice and professional and the office was beautiful. Dr. Ghavami and I discussed the surgery and his technique. He examined me and said I'm a great candidate because I already have a butt and a nice shape. He said my results will be amazing =] that made me really happy and I'm even more excited than before (if that's even possible lol). He was very nice and pleasant, and made me feel comfortable. I'm really happy I gained weight because he said I'm at a great size for the surgery and told me not to lose weight. Back in March I was 128 lbs..if I would've stayed that size, I don't think I would've had enough fat to transfer to get the results I want, so I made the right decision.

I told him I wanted my butt to be BIG with LOTS of volume. He explained to me that transferring too much fat would look good for a year or two, but the added weight would cause it to SAG low and hang over time 0_0 this is not what I want AT ALL. So I told him I want it big but to put the amount that he feels is appropriate so that I won't have that "hanging" problem lol. I trust his expertise so I'll let him do what is best. He said he'll transfer around 700-800 ccs, so that's a good amount. I already kinda have a butt, so this should be enough. I'm very excited and looking forward to my surgery date. I will keep you all updated.

Yesterday was my surgery. Let me first say that Dr...

Yesterday was my surgery. Let me first say that Dr. Ghavami and the surgery staff were absolutely amazing. They were very polite and made me feel at ease. I had my surgery yesterday morning and I'm grateful that I'm not in a crazy amount of pain. I read so many stories on this site about how horrific the pain was afterwards but I am happy to report that, although I'm incredibly sore, I feel much better than I expected :) My surgery was at 8:30 a.m Aug. 24th and it's now 3:16 a.m. Aug. 25th. I've taken pain medication and also nausea pills because I felt a little light headed..I'm also taking bromelain, arnica, vitamin c, and some post op pills I purchased from makemeheal.com. It hurts quite a bit when I move, but when I'm still, I feel fine. I feel a lot of soreness. The anesthesiologist told me it would feel like I worked out a week straight without stopping and I definitely agree.

I don't notice much of a difference in my butt so far through the garment, but I keep reminding myself that it's far too early to be critiquing, so I'll stay patient. Not sure how many ccs I got, but he told me he would probably be able to inject 700-800. I told him I wanted as much as possible, so I'll find out at my visit with him in a few days. I'm sooo happy Dr. Ghavami doesn't use drains, I don't think I would've been able to work with that; it's already difficult enough to maneuver without anything attached to me.

I have been eating light..so far I've eaten apple sauce, teddy grams and crackers. For dinner I had a small amount of grilled chicken and veggies. I've been drinking plenty of water and urinating frequently. It's uncomfortable and semi-painful to pee at the moment since they had a tube up my urethral opening during surgery. I urinated on my garment today, which was really annoying..especially since I can't take this garment off for another 3-4 days -_-
Word of advice: when using the urinal, make sure the top is completely covering your entire vagina and is tight against it.. I was afraid to do this initially because I thought it would hurt, so I tried to aim in the urinal with it an inch away from my vagina..bad idea. Pee everywhere. My poor boyfriend had to clean everything up. He has been extremely helpful..I couldn't have managed without him at all.

Sleeping on my stomach isn't bad. I went to sleep around 10p.m but I've been waking up due to the soreness and my inability to get in a comfortable position. I walked around my apartment to get blood circulating a bit and my boyfriend woke up with me to keep me company and check on me..he's such a sweet heart. Anyway, that's all I have for now..I'll try to sleep now. Any questions, let me know. I'll post a few pictures

So it's been 1 week since my surgery. I have...

So it's been 1 week since my surgery. I have improved a lot since then and so far, I'm happy with everything. The pain has been really nothing these past few days (when I'm still) but when I'm in motion my core and my butt hurts. I'm slowly weaning myself off my pain meds because as long as I'm relaxing, I feel fine. It's difficult to sleep at night because I get this intense soreness at night for some reason, so it keeps me tossing and turning and waking up throughout the night. When I first wake up it's the same, but it gradually fades as I get up and eat breakfast. I'm just relieved the pain and soreness is bearable though.

I went to my first post op appointment 4 days ago and Dr. Ghavami said he put in close to 900 ccs and said he was really pleased with the result..he said I'm gonna look great. He removed my garment and checked everything. I am going back in 6 days for my first massage. I purchased another garment and came home and showered. It's really weird touching my core and butt because some areas are really numb so it doesn't even feel like I'm really touching my body sometimes. So far I'm satisfied with the shape and look of my butt. I'm trying not to get attached to it exactly how it looks now because I know there's still a lot of swelling, and it'll go down. My hips are great so far, I'm definitely pleased with how they turned out..I really hope they don't go down much. My butt isn't HUGE.. but in reality, I don't know if I would've wanted that. I have friends with really big butts and they get hounded by savages daily..that's not the kind of attention I want lol. I just wanted more hips, butt and a flatter stomach and so far I have that, so I'm a happy camper. A better shape is all I desired, I really don't need a gigantic ass. My boyfriend seems to think it's huge though, I don't really think so. But he's really happy so far..I've been fighting him off me a bit lately lol. Also, I'm going to start trying to eat healthy because I don't want my stomach to get pudgy again because of bad eating habits. Lipo is not a permanent fix, you have to maintain your results, so I'm going to focus on doing that. But so far, my stomach is getting flatter each day so that's great.

I have been taking colace stool softener as recommended by the Dr. I sit on the toilet with a towel under my thighs and try to lean on my thighs as much as possible, but hey, I have to sit down to use the bathroom..soo I haven't completely been off my butt -- not sure how some people manage to do this. But hopefully this doesn't do much damage..the colace makes it easy to go, so I'm only sitting on the toilet for 2-3 minutes at a time. Also, I experience shortness of breath really easily, which is annoying, so I try to take it easy and not do too much around the house. The anti-itch cream I'm using has been useful, the itching is a B***h! This is due to my nerve endings repairing themselves, apparently..so I guess it's a good thing, but it's rather annoying to itch everywhere under this garment and being unable to scratch properly. Well that's about it, I'll update at 2 weeks, any questions, feel free to ask :)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Post picture Hun !
i really want to do this soon but how much did it cost?
im having trouble finding a price...id like to get the braziliin buttlift...can u please help me
I wanna go to dr ghavami. How much would you say was the cost for everything ?and can u post pics cus I want a pretty big butt but not gigantic .HELP!!!!
Hey will u please send me a personal message on here. I'm looking for someone that had surgery with Dr.Ghavami bc I still want more information on him.
Any updates? Thx
any updates? how are you doing? I'm seriously considering Dr. Ghavami for my surgery and looking for more insight. Thanks for sharing your experience so far!
As a recent patient I recommend you reconsider going to him. He does not understand what we women want when we go in for a BBL.
When will you be posting pictures ???
Hi nice results the new shape of your butt. Happy healing!
@ Carly101, glad u feel ok...as for what I can see there is already some improvement, I know it's still too soon to see great results but ur results are already positive! U had a great shape to begin with and I just know u are going to look absolutely AMAZING! Ur structure to begin with was great so ur goin to look even better in a couple weeks, once te swelling subsides. I am goin in sept 10th for my surgery. Originally I weighted 126 @ 5'2 but Dr.G told me to gain 20-25 lbs to have the results I want. I'm having lipo on my upper and lower abdomen, in and outter thighs, flanks, upper arms and middle of the lower back to form tha s-curve. I'm hoping for 1000cc's in each butt cheek and I'm gonna pressure dr.g for that much and be adiment about what I want. I can't wait for this. I know it's all going to work out the way it needs to. I can't wait to see ur week post op results, u are goin to look amazing please keep me updated! I will post or send u pics upon request. Stay positive and work towards ur happy, speedy and healthy recovery! P.S. any pointers or advise is greatly appreciated! Take care an keep in touch
Hi carly101 i hope your recovery is going well and speedy. How are you feeling so far? I have my surgery booked with dr g for sept 10th I'm very nervous but excited. I would love to get your input on your results and recovery so far. Happy healing please let me know who you are doing.
Hi,
I am feeling ok. I am still very swollen and tender in my abdomen, thighs and butt. I will go into greater detail and update in a couple of days when I am 1 week post op.
Hi Carly glad to here your recovering so far so good. From what I can tell I def . See a difference .keep us updated and happy healing.
Thanks so much, I will
Hi Carly 101, I just had my surgery with him 6 weeks ago. Had 700ccs injected and at least 60% got reabsorbed. So I'm pretty sure you won't be satisfied with the amount you plan on getting. My butt is still flat and my belly still fat. I feel like shit knowing I spent $12,000 for nothing. I honestly feel worse than before. Im crying daily. Hope you are sure he will give you what you want. Good luck =)
I understand you're emotional and upset because you didn't get the results you wanted, but to tell me you're pretty sure I won't be satisfied is unnecessary. I just got my surgery and the last thing I want to do is worry about that. We are two different people so you cannot be sure of anything concerning me, you can only speak for yourself. 700 ccs on you can look very different on someone else. I hope you feel better and that you become happy with your results.
Carly101, I'm sorry you took my comment the wrong way. In no way am I trying to discourage you. I was just trying to give you my honest advice since it seems 700-800ccs don't really make a difference. I really hope your results will be better than mine. And yes, you are right, every body is different. Happy healing and hope you keep us updated. I will update until I reach the 3month mark. Take care :)
Ok, I didn't mean to snap at you, I just want to be as positive as possible because I'm already under a lot of physical stress right now. Thank you for your honest opinion though. Your results look amazing, please keep us updated with everything and I will also =)
Had my BBL 2 yrs ago with Dr. Ghavami. Spent $9500 and a yr. later all the fat reabsorbed. So now I'm back to no booty. Think about it before you spend all that money.
@ natdreamcatcher =( ... Do you recall how many ccs you had injected?? Did you loose weight?? Have you spoken to him about it?? I just had mine 6 weeks ago and I feel and look like shit! There is such a minimal difference in my booty that is not worth the $12,000 I spent =/
Had 600cc injected each side. I did call to inform him about it, he said to gain weight and he would do it again. Of course, it would cost me another 9500. Absurd...for I'm still paying for my BBL which I paid for with a C/C. So disappointed.
OMG! I HAD THE SAME AMOUNT INJECTED. I SAW HIM A WEEK AGO AND I TOLD HIM HOW UNSATISFIED I AM, AND HE JUST ASKED ME TO GIVE IT AT LEAST 3 MONTHS AND HE ALSO TOLD ME TO GAIN WEIGHT!!! WTF!!??? I WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME I SEE HIM... =/
It's a little too late for that for me lol. I am going to try to take extra precautions to keep the fat from reabsorbing but if it does, there is nothing I can do about it. If I hadn't gotten this surgery, I would've always wondered what the possibilities were if I got it. So I'm glad I got it, at least I will know. Sometimes you have to take risks in life :) Everyone is different also. Just because 100% of your fat reabsorbed, doesn't mean all of his other patient's will.
I will. 2 more weeks, I'm excited!