Dr. Katzen is Knowledgable, Caring and Most of All Has a Great Bedside Manner. - Beverly Hills, CA

I was obese most of my life from as far back as I...

I was obese most of my life from as far back as I can remember, it’s been a constant struggle for me and at my heaviest I was topping the scale at 280 lbs. I had gastric bypass roux-en-y surgery in September 2008. I had decided that enough was enough and I made the most important investment of my life in “ME”. The day of surgery I weighed in at a miserable 240 lbs, today I weigh a happy 130 lbs, I lost a total of 110 lbs. I thought about having reconstructive plastic surgery for a long time, had a few names tossed my way and did my own research. No one seemed to be the right fit for me, my mom said when it’s right it’s right and you’ll just know. In the meantime having to look at my hanging sagging skin and fat everyday was a constant reminder of what I used to be. It was hard to see the person I had become, I needed to finish my transformation and finally feel complete. Just as I was thinking that I was never going to find the right surgeon, my husband and I were watching tv and flicking channels, we saw a show on TLC called The Real Skinny… I said what’s that about and we watched, as I watched I knew that Dr. Katzen was the right surgeon for me. After the show ended I googled Dr. Katzen and showed my husband, I called and left a message and then met him last year at the WLSFA Vegas Meet and Greet for my consult. It was then that I knew for sure that I had picked the right Dr. I had what I call Phase I – 360 Circumferential Body Lift, he was able to take off 15 lbs of excess hanging skin and fat and of course donated it. Dr. Katzen gave me back what the excess skin and fat was robbing me of, the body that I had worked so hard to achieve and maintain. He freed me from its constraints, and my bad self body image. My husband just adores Dr. Katzen and was very hands on from the very 1st consult to the end, all the way through my surgery, drains, complications, the hated compression garment. Dr. Katzen kept in touch as did his awesome Office Manager Jacki. I travelled from Vegas for the surgery and a few follow up office visits, and at least once a week I would email in my drain totals, and pictures, and always got a response. I would never have another surgeon touch me, Dr. Katzen is not just a plastic surgeon he specializes in reconstructive surgery for massive weight loss and understands what his patients go and have gone through to be sitting in his office. He is knowledgeable, caring, and most of all has a great bed side manner, he has a special way of putting you at ease and explains everything to you in great detail, and has a very calming effect on his patients. I will be seeing him again at this year’s WLSFA Vegas Meet and Greet for a consult on Phase II – Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift, and Torsoplasty.

I love Dr katzen, had a consult with him a couple weeks ago. If my insurance approves it, I would love for him to do my body lift.....So happy for you!!!
Congratulations Chrissy!!!!!!!!!!! I know one other person that had work done with Dr. Katzen and he spoke very highly of the surgeon's bedside manner and how he managed complications after surgery. I never consulted with Dr. Katzen as I was put off by the heavy marketing of "body by Katzen." That's just me and my comment is not meant to disparage him. My point is, that it is good to hear such a glowing review of yet another talented plastic surgeon who seem to almost use a magic wand rather than a scalpel on MWL patients. I had my surgery with Dr. Joseph F. Capella and I felt very much about him as you do with Dr. Katzen. I am 5-weeks out from my 2-nd phase surgery and have one more to go. It is amazing to me that I now have a body that people admire. I would love to see your before and after pix. I love a good transformation story.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss and subsequent surgeries. You must feel great now, having the body you've worked so hard for! We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon