Dr. Katzen is Just As Kind and Gentle in Person As He Was on TV - Beverly Hills, CA

I had my gastric bypass with duodenal switch nine...

I had my gastric bypass with duodenal switch nine years ago and lost a total of 120 pounds. As a result of the rapid weight loss I had a lot of extra skin. While I could dress to hide the extra lumps and bumps, it was difficult to find clothes that were small enough to fit attractively yet large enough to accommodate the extra skin around my abdomen (not to mention the arms and thighs).

My surgery date was August 20, 2012, and while it was one of the scariest things I've ever done, Dr. Katzen and his staff were amazing.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I saw him on TLC's "The Real Skinny" and had to see what he was all about. He's a great doctor. I was sitting at home and saw the commercial for “The Real Skinny” and was mesmerized. I made a mental note to be home and watch the episode that told Sarah’s story. I have to say I watched the whole episode with tears in my eyes. I think for the first time I felt I wasn’t alone. When Sarah used her hair dryer to dry her tummy I lost it. I thought I was the only one that did that! By the end of the show I was bawling. When the repeat came on I had my husband sit down and watch the show with me. I decided that I wanted to meet Dr. Katzen and have a consultation to see what he could do for me. Dr. Katzen was just as kind and gentle as he appeared to be on the program. He immediately made me feel at ease and really seemed to understand what I was feeling and thinking. For me the most difficult part was undressing and letting Dr. Katzen do the exam. At this point I was newly married and my own husband hadn’t seen me entirely naked! Dr. Katzen really "held my hand" through the whole exam and gave me a glimpse of what he could do to help me. Dr. Katzen wasn’t just a face behind a mask. He was there before the surgery and talked with both me and my husband. When I was taken to the back for the pre-surgery pictures, again the most difficult part for me, Dr. Katzen was a very calming presence, very reassuring. When the nurse came in to place my IV (truly the scariest part for me) she was wonderful, was aware that I was scared, and took great care to make sure I was in no pain or discomfort during the placement of the IV. All the while, Dr. Katzen was sitting at the foot of my bed doing his paperwork. All the subsequent doctor's visits have been just as pleasant. I had a couple of rough patches in my recovery, during which one time my husband and I had to go down to Dr. Katzen's office well after office hours and Dr. Katzen met us downstairs personally, wheelchair in hand, and wheeled me upstairs to make certain I was okay. He's been positive and thoughtful and definitely cares about his patients and the kind of changes he is helping to make in their lives. My next step will to be to have brachioplasty and a breast lift and augmentation and after that the thigh lift ~ there is no one I would trust to do this than Dr. Katzen!