5 Years and Going Strong - Beverly Hills, CA

I was part of the 5 year long term test study on...

I was part of the 5 year long term test study on ArteFill. I had labial lines forming around my mouth and I was only 34 years old. It is genetic in my family. It was making me look older. ArteFill was used in the labial folds next to my mouth. My doctor was highly familiar with ArteFill and how to use it. He was conservative with the fill and a small line was visible when he was finished with the injections. I had to ice the area down and had small bruising that went away in a couple of day. I had a couple whitehead pimples pop out every now and then around the area, but went away after the first 3 years. The body is meant to create it's own coligan and bonding with the plastic filler. Mine has done an outstanding job of this and I have no lines. I will be 40 in June of 2013. My treatment should last at least another 5 years.

Thank you for sharing your experience and nice to hear that you still happy after 6 years! Are the pictures up there from after you had the artefill injected as hard to see what you look like before. I would think they must have done before and after since you were part of a study. Did he do all the injections in one time or a series? Thank you for sharing.
I think it is very important that anyone who chooses this product is an experienced cosmetic surgeons who injects conservatively over a course of time.

Thanks for sharing.  Did being part of the study have any impact on your experience?  What did it entail from your perspective?

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon