Atlanta Nurse - Beverly Hills, CA

I decided to have an arm lift due to excessive...

I decided to have an arm lift due to excessive skin after weight loss in 2004. My fear was post-op scarring. My first week was hard but tolerable. I disliked the foley for 3 days. Once I was able to use compression garment I was just fine. No meds required after first week. My insurance paid for my procedure; my price is for surgeon fees only. I paid cash and I'm waiting for reimbursement.

Pictures before and after

An important consideration before surgery is to have a compression garment and spare compression garments. I had 3 compression garments during my first month post -op. One month post-op I started using scar fix; I also purchased an additional pair of scar fix dressings. I also purchased 2 additional compression garments that gave me more move room. I notice I have more security during work with sleeves on. My doctor advised I only wear sleeves for 1 month.
I experienced a lot of itching; I advise initially use something like Benadryl and then just a non-drowsy antihistamine.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I traveled to California for my arm lift procedure because Dr Katzen is by far one of the plastic surgeons nationwide. My interaction with him made my choice for him as a surgeon very easy. He gave me realistic expectations and exceeded my expectations. My arms are beautiful with minimal scars.

I read your journey and your arms are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any new pics? I can't even see scars,your ps did his thang! Enjoy your labor Day Weekend!
I can take some updated pictures & post. Enjoy your weekend also. Thanks for complement.
Thank You! :0)
Hey there, it's been a little while since you last updated and we'd love to hear how you're doing and if you're still loving those results! :-)
I apologize, I'm in school. I have been burning the candle at both ends.
Your arms are GORGEOUS!!!!!. How did you get your insurance to pay for it?
Jackie in the office handled it. They charge 100.00 to file insurance for patients.
He did a darn good job!!
Thanks! My arms much better now. My thighs are next in April.
Thanks ladies. I recently turned 40 and I needed a change. A couple of months ago I had a BBL too. I plan to post some photos.
I love your result!
Great results...
Thanks Sarah for your advise. I wanted to add pictures initially but I did not save them to my computer. I did take out some time from my busy schedule to ensure I posted pictures and responded to your comments. I know pictures from others were very beneficial to me.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Arm Lift community.