Accutane -Beverly Hills, CA

I've been on Accutance for almost 3 months and so...

I've been on Accutance for almost 3 months and so far I hate it. I still get pimples, but not as much as I used to. I have been getting very bad rashes all over my hands, dry lips, and cry spells. I start to cry sometimes for little things. So far I don't see a difference on my face but I hope soon I will :(

Oh no. :( Have you talked to your doctor about this? I definitely would encourage you to. From what I understand there is more than one brand of the generic, so perhaps another brand will be more agreeable with you.

I'll be hoping things improve for you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

I experienced absolutely horrible bouts of depression as side effect from accutane too--in fact it was so bad that I had to stop mid course after three months. I am currently on it again and I've found that being on wellbutrin helps. I would either start an SSRI or wellbutrin or maybe try supplementing with HTP-5 if I were you (takes about a month to kick in). Funny, it was the last side effect I expected to experience (I always thought the whole depression thing was BS) but I have never felt so hopeless in my life as during those three months...which was ironic considering I was finally clear of my cystic acne after a month! Make sure you use lots of body lotion and only take lukewarm showers cause hot water dries your skin out and makes it really itchy. Moisturizing every morning and night on both arms and legs etc will keep them from being itchy. I use a & d ointment for my lips but lately I'm thinking I need triple antibiotic pain relieving ointment cause they hurt so bad!
michael freed