40 Yrs Old, Getting CO2 Laser Today! - Beverly Hills, CA

So I made it to 40 on my own, and have finally...

So I made it to 40 on my own, and have finally decided it's time to begin some rejuvenating and preventative treatments - people always tell me I look much younger, and have been really proud that I did it with clean eating and living right. But, why not get a little help to give my skin a boost and help prevent fine lines and wrinkles before they start, right?

Problem areas I hope to treat:
Overall my skin is pretty good - nothing major to complain about but a bit of under eye puffiness (thanks LA party animals!) and a little bit of pinkness from rosacea (I don't have it bad since giving up gluten 5 years ago). A few small scars, a few discolorations (like freckles kind of) or little sun spots, and one big dog bite scar on my lower lip/chin (12 pounds of dog, 11 years ago, 18 stitches). Some fine lines (I received a small amt of botox to lessen some lines at the corners of my eyes from smiling), "nasal labial fold" lines (I received a very tiny bit of filler there a few months ago), and crepe-iness under my eyes.

Hoping the CO2 will help with all of this. I will be posting a photo before (day of), and daily after to show the progress. No make up obviously.

Day of procedure

Here are some photos before, and right after.... and a few while slightly inebriated from Valium and toradol. LOL

Day 1 after procedure

Treatment itself was not painful, in fact I giggled through the first 10 minutes. However, the heat that follows is rough. The cooling machine pointed at your face is your best friend - it would have been unbearable without it. Got a toradol shot right after because the pain from the heat was hard to stand, i also used a can of evian mist to cool off.

Once in the car the AC saved me and the toradol definitely had kicked in. Got home to a prepped and air conditioned bedroom, ate a quick dinner and went to sleep.

Woke up at 5am and applied more barrier ointment and fell asleep. 11am now and no pain at all, some tightness, looks gross. :) took a little shower (I have a sonaki vitamin C filter shower head to remove impurities) and am doing the vinegar soak. Still no pain, just super puffy, swollen and some tightness.

Day 2 (July 3)

Still no pain, still pretty puffy and swollen. Doing the vinegar soaks which feels great! Hard to keep sleeping on my back because I'm a side sleeper, but that and being sticky from the barrier ointment is the only annoyance. :) went in for a check up today at the office, they said I was doing great! My treated skin is pretty pink so driving in felt a little weird and self conscious, until I got to Beverly Hills, then it was no big deal (like everyone is used to it there!).

Day 3 post procedure (July 4)

Yikes! Had the day off so I slept almost the whole day! Starting to get a little itchy on my face so am doing the vinegar soaks about 4 times a day which is helping. Also took Benadryl and that really seemed to help too. The occasional German Shepherd dog hair that infiltrates my bedroom manages to get stuck to my face every time, which is very annoying! But overall doing well, face is very pink and I hate having to go outside for anything! LOL
Breana Wheeler & Elissa Tober-Squire

Amazing office and staff. My original consultation was with Dr. Leif Rogers, Elissa Tober-Squire and Breana Wheeler. I have had wonderful experiences at this office, and can only say that you get what you pay for - I would never price shop around when it comes to injectables and lasers! I look for skill, experience, and expertise - it's easy to see why they have a reputation for being the best of the best!!

Has your facial swelling improved?
I have been to this office too, for Ultherapy and could not be happier! Five stars from me too! Curious to see how this co2 laser works.