Pretty Good Results - Bethesda, MD

I've had two sessions of the sclerotherapy on...

I've had two sessions of the sclerotherapy on a small area of my leg. After the first session the patch was reduced about 50 percent and after the second treatment is up to about 80 percent gone. Took a couple weeks after each procedure to see results, and the patch initially got darker before clearing up.

The treatment itself wasn't very painful, just some small needle pricks, and went quickly. You do have some red spots around the injection spots for a couple days after treatment, but those went away. I didn't wear any special hose after the procedure, but I didn't exercise for a few days afterwards. No other side effects - no discoloration, swelling, etc.

I just had mine done about 3 weeks ago in Bel Air Md. I was told to specifically exercise immediately that day to promote blood flow and to continue that afterward. I was also told to wear the light control hose. I know i have a bit longer to see the full result but so far so good!! I plan to go back for another treatment after this one and I should be good :)

Hi Aamom. I also livein Maryalnd and am wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing where you went for your treatment. Thank you.

I went to Capitol Vein & Laser Center in Bethesda.
Since it is just about gone, I am still deciding on whether to go back for more treatment or to just go with what it is now. I was told to wait 24 hours until hitting the gym, but i wanted to wait longer just to be safe, and anyway my leg looked like I had chicken pox from the red dots around the injection sites. Those red dots lasted about 3 days then went away.

I understand about being extra safe and I feel you on the red spots, I don't think I would go to the gym either. :) Keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi aamom,

Good thinking on doing the procedure on a small part first and then going back for more. So glad it went so well for you. Do you have to go back or are you all finished? Did they tell you not to exercise, or did you feel like you shouldn't? Please keep us updated and pictures would be awesome if you have them.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt