Highly Recommended - Bethesda, MD

To improve self esteem, quality of life. I was...

To improve self esteem, quality of life.

I was extremely obese as a teenager (my weight topped out at 235 on a 5'2" frame).  I slimmed down in my twenties, making fitness an important part of my life.  At 32, however, no matter how much I exercised, or how much weight I lost (I am now 135) I was cursed with a "skin apron", that is, a loose overhanging flap of skin on my lower abdomen and above my belly button.

I found this to be horribly embarrassing- I never wore a bikini and always felt terribly self-aware with my boyfriends. I had been longing to have some kind of surgery to fix it forever, trolling websites and looking at before and after pictures of various tummy tuck surgeries.  After looking at so many photos, I could definitely see the differences between surgeons with varying skills.  In some photos, the women got the tummy tuck, but were also terribly scarred, not just from the initial incision, but also from staples and sutures, sometimes with a giant circular scar going around the belly button where the belly button had been cut away and re-attached.

I found Dr. Jabs website and instantly noticed how thin and tiny the post op scars on his patients were.  Sometimes, I couldn't even see any scarring at all.  Then I read a review from a gentleman patient of Dr. Jabs who also had extra, loose skin removed. One of the first things the patient noted was how Dr. Jabs' incisions were so amazingly skilled, he had only very small fine scars from the incision.  After reading this, I knew Dr. Jabs was the surgeon for me.  Scheduling and payments were a breeze.  And, in fact, my mother and my best girlfriends were shocked at how affordable and reasonable the price he quoted was.  The payments were a breeze to make and Penny, the wonderful woman who manages his front office, was very calm and kind and allowed my to make a series of three credit card payments to pay off the balance.

On the day of the surgery, I was very nervous of course, but Dr. Jabs came in a spoke with me and gave me a final examination and marked where he was going to make his incisions.  When I woke up I was disoriented from the anesthesia, but Dr. Jabs comforted me.  Later, when I was home, he called me from his cell phone to check on how I was doing.  I told him I was sore, but really not in a lot of pain, and was already walking around every fifteen minutes or so , as recommended.

My mother, who is a nurse, was very impressed that Dr. Jabs took the time to call me on his own time to check and make sure I was okay.  At first I was a little scared to look at the surgical sites, and didn't actually take a good look in the mirror for three days.  Once I did, however, I realized how amazing a surgeon Dr. Jabs really is!  The incision line was super thin and low.  My stomach was completely flat, with all that loose skin finally gone.  Also, Dr. Jabs took the time and care to re-attach my bellybutton by putting all the stitches on the inside of bellybutton so I wouldn't have giant circular scar going around the outside.  The scarring is all hidden on the inside where no one can see it!

He also did some lipo work to create even more definition, giving me nice little lines of definition in all the right places.  Seriously, I look like a Victoria Secret underwear model now!  Six months after the surgery, the small, thin incision is beginning to fade away, and in some places has completely faded away.  I'm hoping at the one year mark, the scar will be mostly gone.  However, it is really so small and not a "Frankenstein" scar at all. All my girlfriends and my mother marvel at how tiny it is.

I should add, that in addition to the tummy tuck, I also had 300 cc silicon implants put in, because my breasts were soooo flat and deflated from the weight loss, it looked like I had been breast feeding twins!  Dr. Jabs has a philosophy that "the best breast is a natural breast".  My breasts look and feel one hundred percent natural: when I lay down, they go flat, when I bend forward, they go forward and when I walk, they have that bounce to them that says "natural breast".  And, did I mention, they feel real!  They feel amazing, with not a hint of firmness.  I feel like the woman I always dreamed of being. I feel more content and happier with myself and more confident with men and far more comfortable in my clothes.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. Jabs and his staff was top notch and I highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery. Again, I highly recommend Dr. Jabs, even if he is not in your local area and you have to travel to see him. Its your body, and you deserve to treat yourself to the best!

Welcome to RealSelf!

Congratulations on your wonderful results!  You got the works are are really enjoying the new body.  I think that's wonderful and hope you enjoy it for years to come.  Your doctor and your entire experience sounds amazing and I thank you for sharing your journey with us.

We would love to see some before and after pictures is you wouldn't mind posting them.

Keep in touch.