You Gotta Want It Bad - Bethesda, MD

If you look at these before/after photos and...

If you look at these before/after photos and recognize yourself in the 'before' shots, you can see why the 'after' shots make this procedure very worth it. I despised myself - dressed well enough, no one else knew what was under the clothes, but I did and finally decided to go ahead with this at 60 years old. Not only did my surgeon remove the excess skin on my lower abdomen, which pulled down better skin and removed lots of stretch marks, he did lipo around my midriff and from the hips up on the sides. He lifted the mons area, another area I hated even tho I was the only one who knew. He gave me an awesome belly button where I had 2 incisions come together that made it a disaster in that area. I had lost 60#, then another 20# post-surgery, as he started me on a high protein shake for better healing, which helped me lose more. It's been 3 months since the surgery, my body is still shrinking and changing shape, but so far I'm in size 10 jeans - thin for the first time in my life with a flat stomach to boot! Imagine tucking in a shirt rather than having to wear something loose to cover up the lower stomach 'yuck' - it's amazing. Downside, incredible and long-term pain, very limited movement for at least 4-6 weeks. But when it comes to an end the rewards go from there...and they are forever. Warning - if you have lost weight, be sure you are able to maintain and keep it off before enduring this procedure! New boyfriend who has also lost 100#, so we are enjoying ourselves and each other but that's just icing on the cake. I did this for me...as I said, you have to want this bad!

Welcome to the community.

Congrats
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Dr Michaels works out of Maryland/Washington DC hospitals. Having had past health issues, he made sure the hospital staff was on call for any problems but there were none. He not only did what we discussed, upon waking I found he had done more! Dr Michaels has had special training in recontouring people who have lost a lot of weight, and I know he did more than other surgeons said they could or would for me. The protein shake he prescribed made me healthier for the surgery, but also aided me in losing a total of 20# that I had not counted on. Poor me - having to buy new, smaller clothes! : ) Very patient, understanding, and actually fun to have worked with. His assistant Leah is also a treasure. No attitudes, just willingness to help in any way I needed. It's all good! He does all other kinds of plastic surgery as well, and if I ever decide to do more, I'll be going back to Maryland from New Mexico for him. No photos as most on this site pretty much speak for us all!