I Could Not Ask for Better Results or Better Recovery Than I Got with Dr. Richards - Bethesda, MD

I have never been overweight and am in good...

I have never been overweight and am in good health, but I have always--ever since I was a kid--had a large amount of fat on my abdomen that continued to grow as I aged, no matter how much I dieted and exercised. At 26, every day I had to decide whether to wear maximum-tightness Spanx and loose clothes on top of that, or be constantly congratulated on my "pregnancy" and asked when I was due. I decided to research liposuction for my upper and lower abdomen. Once I scheduled my surgery, Dr. Richards and his staff were very clear about pre-op care, and the actual surgery was what I expected: uncomfortable, but bearable. I could see a dramatic difference immediately after my surgery, and had an easier recovery than I expected: little swelling, only one bruise, and I was able to return to work two days later. I am only two weeks post-op so I can't see my "final" results yet, but I can already see such a major difference that I can say it was definitely worth it. I honestly wasn't sure that all the fat could even be removed without leaving saggy skin, but with the SmartLipo it is tightening up nicely around my new shape. I am truly excited and impressed with my results.
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Richards for my SmartLipo because of his strong credentials, exceptional bedside manner, and impressive book of before-and-after liposuction photos--I couldn't believe that these were not pictures of tummy tucks because the results were SO dramatic and natural-looking: no lumps, no asymmetry, no saggy skin. I also liked that he was up-front and honest about what my results would be--that I would be sore for a few weeks, that it could take up to 6 months to see the final result, etc. I appreciated that he didn't try to sugar-coat it into sounding like an instant miracle cure, and that I never felt he was trying to "sell" me. As added bonuses, I also liked that his staff was extremely friendly (I liked everyone, but Christina was particularly engaging), the office is very clean, and his Bethesda office is convenient to public transportation. I don't plan on having any further surgery, but if I do in the future I will definitely return to Dr. Richards. I could not ask for better recovery or better results. I would absolutely, 100% recommend him for this procedure.

Congratulations!