Glad the First Part is over - Bethesda, MD

I have a good month before i have to go back to...

I have a good month before i have to go back to work so I figured this was as good a time as any. I took the plunge with the help of my 18 year old! She has been a great nurse though I do pay her a little for helping me. Surprisingly I was not scared but I did feel guilty. The procedure went fine. I followed all directions and made sure I used an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon. Right now it is four days post operative and I am laying down in bed after taking my pain medication (percaset) so I am in a ggod place. I hate the compresssion garment. Just thinking about wearing it for another two weeks is depressing. I had liposuction of the upper and lower stomach, flanks, outter thighs, as well as a scar revision of an old vertical csection that was causing my lower abs to look like a reverse butt! I am in good shape for 54 as I exercise and eat right....most of the time. I will post before and post-op pics soon. My tummy is flatter but the swelling has made it seem as though I've had nothing done which I can live with! I am really excited to have a rockin body in about one to two months from now!

feeling good

Im 16 days post op and feel almost back to normal. i am a little sore and my back feels swollen. im very comfortable and have gotten used to my cp. my figure is more symmetrical but my size has not.

one month out

im still swollen but its not noticable to anyone but me. im very comfortable as im wearing a one piece shaper that is snug but relatively comfortable. my tummy is flat - at least to me and my hips are now in line with my body. im loving my shape for the first time in a long time. i sleep without my shaper but have grown to like it. it keeps me from over eating and forces me to standup straight. i can see continuing to wear it for certain occasions. i have one more doctors appt and then again in 3 months. life isnt forever but i sure am happy i did this!

Four months....

It's been four months, and I am very happy with the results. The surgeons are correct when they say it's not a weight loss procedure. I'm not sure I'm any "lighter," but my clothes fit wonderfully! I didn't like wearing skirts or pants because they never fit right. My hips were not symmetrical with the rest of my body, and my stomach pooch was something I hated looking at. Now, I put on pants and skirts and they fit with room to wiggle. I would do it all over again in a hot minute. I do have a few scars which I am self-conscious about. I wish they would fade so that I feel better when I'm naked. However, that's a small price to pay for giving me the freedom to wear what I want and feel really good about myself as I walk out the door.
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Price met all of the criteria I wanted in a doctor: knowledgable, experienced, qualified, honest, careful, conservative, and accurate.