66 Years Old Having Eyelid Surgery - Bethesda, Maryland

I had outpatient eyelid surgery by Dr. Roger...

I had outpatient eyelid surgery by Dr. Roger Oldham in an outpatient surgical center. I had absolutely no pain afterwards, not even a headache. I felt as if I could just get in my car and drive home afterwards (wasn't allowed, of course!) I took no pain meds afterward, just had the expected swelling and bruising after the procedure. Even these weren't bad - I used glasses with a tint in them and no one even noticed unless I brought it to their attention. Most of the swelling was gone in a week or so -- the under eye bruising lasted a bit longer, but I just used makeup to conceal most of it.
This was a very easy procedure.
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Oldham He was very specific in telling me what to expect, was very careful to measure, re-measure and took as much time as I needed to answer any and all questions. His office staff was also very helpful with scheduling and other aspects - both pre-surgically, as well as post-surgically. I would not hesitate to utilize Dr. Oldham for other procedures.

Hope you continue to post how the healing progresses and what you're needing to do to follow instructions. Do you have a photos? Would love to see... because I'm almost the same age. I imagine it's different than what 40somethings achieve. Thanks!
I'm sorry - I do not have a photo. I don't think there's much of a difference between 40's and 60's -- there are so many other factors which enter into the results. I should also add that this was my second eyelid lift from this dr. - the first one was done 16-17 years ago. Both showed similar results and I always tell people that if you don't expect perfection - just that there will be improvement - you won't be disappointed. This is one of the easiest cosmetic surgeries -- and because there had been improvements/changes in the anesthesia procedures over the 16-17 years from when I had the first one done, I felt much better much quicker. Best of Luck to you!