Breast Implant Removal--Best Decision Ever! - Berkeley, CA

Twenty years ago I had my 32Bs upsized, and for 20...

Twenty years ago I had my 32Bs upsized, and for 20 years I was self-conscious about how very large they were, how COLD my saline implants always made me feel, and in general was very unhappy with the results, but was afraid to go under the knife again. The doctor performing my original surgery put in implants that left me a 32DD which was far larger than I wanted and totally dismissed my requests for smaller implants. This past year, I interviewed many doctors before selecting one who actually seemed to hear me. I am so happy to say that I have my own healthy perky breasts back--after explant only. I did not opt for a lift and have had wonderful results.

It has now been 6 months later and I am very happy to say that I have my natural breasts, no lift, no pain.  I am happier than I ever imagined I could be with my body.  I am also very thankful that she is the type of doctor who will encourage minimally invasive proceedures vs. multiple unnecessary surgery.  I had many thourough follow-up visits and definitely the most seemless procedure across the board I could imagine.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Elizabeth Lee was the only doctor I interviewed who "got it" that I didn't want implants. Three other doctors tried to convince me that I would be better off with smaller implants or to do explant with a lift or smaller implants plus a lift. Dr. Lee spent an entire hour with me discussing options and truly getting a picture of what would work for me. Together we opted to go for explant only and reassess the possibility of a lift after 6 months. Dr. Lee explained the miraculous way that the skin will adapt post-removal of implant.

hi, i am having a consultation next week with regard to having my implants removed, did you not have them replaced or an uplift and how do they look now
Also, do you know what size your implants were? Thank you so very very much for sharing your experience.
I had my 32b breasts upsized to a 32d 25 years ago. They are now 32dd. I loved my implants for a long time and don't regret having them, but now they feel heavy and I think they look to large for my size and age. Since your situation is so similiar to mine, I would greatly appreciate pictures or more information. Do you mind telling me what size your breasts are now?
I don't know what size the implants were, but they were huge. I am now a 32b to c.
Thank you!
I will get some photos of breast implant removal up on Realself soon

Thanks, Dr. Lee. We would love that!

Can you post some pics? I'm in Hawaii but I would consider going to mainland for right Doctor

Yay for finding a doctor who gets it! Thank you for posting your story here on RealSelf. I'm sure it will help lots of ladies looking to get their implants out.

And it's so great to hear how your skin and tissues can spring back after removal.