Lovin my New Arms!

I can’t believe I waited so long to have my...

I can’t believe I waited so long to have my arms done! I have been overweight since I was a teenager, in my twenties I developed what I referred to as my "third arm". It was unsightly to say the least. I covered it with long or 3/4 length sleeves for the next 15 years. No amount of weight lifting made a difference in its appearance (granted I am 80 pounds overweight) so I learned to live with it.

I always said I would wait until I lost all the weight then I would have my arms done. Well all that changed when I became engaged and went shopping for a gown, they don’t make wedding dresses with sleeves (at least not pretty ones)! So I found my dream dress and decided to have the sleeves added on. Suddenly I was so concerned with how my arms looked and although I have always had a positive self esteem I began to feel very negative about my appearance. My fiancé offered to pay for me to have the procedure done so I gleefully began my search for a knowledgeable Doctor. Thank god I found her!

Dr. L and her office team we so warm and welcoming. They made me feel totally at ease like I had known them for years! I was so nervous about even doing the consult but she was genuine and made me feel so comfortable talking about arms I had hidden for years. Dr. L was very comprehensive when explaining the procedure, post op, expectations etc and I knew after my first consult that I wanted her to reshape my arms. I highly recommend her; she is very talented, honest and artistic.

She had to do some major reconstruction to make my 3rd arm disappear and now 2½ months after the surgery she is using a Sciton laser treatment on the scars to reduce the redness.

I have 2 months until my wedding and I am happy to report I will be sleeveless!!! She saved my wedding dress drama and gave my self esteem a huge lift! Thank you so much Dr. L.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

She's a skilled surgeon and an intelligent doctor who really cares about her patient she is willing to take whatever time is necessary to explain procedures, answer questions and address any concerns. I highly recommend her.