From Being Legally Blind to Having 20/20 Vision - Bergenfield, NJ

I started wearing glasses when I was 13 yrs old...

I started wearing glasses when I was 13 yrs old and over the yrs my vision kept on getting worse. I was told I had astigmatism to which I was totally clueless what it meant. I was always told my left eye is worse than the right. I got my frist contacts at 19 and couldn't be any happier. Fast forward....last year I picked up my lenses from the doc, put them in and noticed something was wrong. I took them out and called the doc first thing the next morning. He told me to come in and after examining my eyes I was told I have allergies and it was causing the lens to move out of place-no good when you have astigmatism. I couldn't wear my contacts! What was I to do?

My friend told me he did his and what it was like. Nervous, I went for my consultation and did the surgery same day. I was amazed at how quick the procedure was and how soon after I could see without my glasses. Recovery was good. I used the drops as told and went for my post op visits. I was ecstatic to find out I had 20/20 vision! Who would've thought? Not me!
It's been 10 mths and I am happy with the results to say the least.
Glad I did it

New York Ophthalmologist

Referred to by a friend

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story, Nikki! It's great to hear that you surgery went so well.