Restylane Worked but is It Worth the Cost???

I had restylane injected into my cheeks and smile...

I had restylane injected into my cheeks and smile lines. I was so excited the first day because all my laugh lines had disappeared! 3 days later they started to return and at that point I realized that there had been swelling at the injection site causing the lines to smooth out. A week later I could tell that the lines were not as noticeable but still there. I can tell a difference but no one else would be able to tell I had something done. It's been 3 months and it's starting to dissolve.

To keep this up, I will have to spend upwards of $1500 to $2000 a year on filler. That's crazy. I can get a facelift and have permanent results for the same price as a few years of filler. I will start saving my money and go for the real thing in a couple of years. So, bottom line, if you have money to burn then fillers are great. They can, however, only do so much.

I agree. I had a facelift 10 years ago, and the results get better and better. I also think my Dermatologist did a great job of injecting Restalyne but the difference is just too subtle for me to justify the expense and upkeep. Can I see a diffeence? slightly. I do think Restalyne is better on DEEP lines, not the little vertical ines round lips and mouth.

My indecision on whether restylane is worth it or not has nothing to do with my provider. The Dr did a fabulous job injecting.