Unhappy Result - Bellevue, WA

I had fat injected into my face with dr. Phillip Young

I had fat injected into my face with dr. Phillip Young in Bellevue, Washington.
He over filled my whole face and left side of my face was filled more than right side.
I'm now at 2 years and 8 months after surgery my face still big, unnatural looking and uneven. Everyday I'm waiting and hoping for it to goes down.
I do not recommend dr. Young. Be careful.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

So sorry to hear about this. I also had fat injected "all over" my face (chin, cheeks, under my nose, nasolabial folds), when I actually Only wanted in my nasolabial folds. I said I just wanted a little amount injected, so it is not too bad- but I do feel chubby and my nasolabial fold are even slightly better- in my opinion....! What is calcification, never heard about that!?
It was by the way not by Dr Young!
Una, those are lumps, hard very noticeable lumps, Dr. Young called it "calcification"
Guys, there is a dr on here, who says this about fat nodules under the eyes: "You could try having some steroid injected into the nodule. Another good option is using Ulthera over the nodule. The deep ultrasound heat will help to break up and shrink the nodule. The results are variable, but worth a try. If these fail, you can have the nodule surgically excised. John J. Martin, Jr., MD
guys, nobody else but me got calcifications around the eyes? i look like somebody stuck green peas around my eyes...
he is a very nice guy and if he wasn't like that i would've probably do something. i used to be of an good average beauty and after deforming my face to a from a mile noticable baloon work i look ugly. I regreted this milion times. I do know in order to keep some fat he have little bit to overdo, or else may go down a lot but this was outrages. i even (never asked for it) got injected fat in my jaws, again, i had strong cheekbones and strong jaws but with so much more volumen on them i looked like round James Bond, but I am white female . He did ask me if I want to try and inject solvent but I know that can create even bigger problem. I decided to forget about him, spent enough years not looking myself in mirror because of him, I just want to know if someone else had those knots formed after the fat transfer. Thanks
Zari, I had lots of knots formed too. Under my eyes, forehead, temples, upper eyelids and around smile lines. It was too much fat he put it in all over my face. I look so ugly too. I didn't want to take any picture for the 3 year. Zari, my face just as worst as your. I'm so regretted that I have spend over $8,000.00 and lived in this ugly face for the past 3 year. I'm just like you average beauty. I'm skinny 40 year old and I lost fat under eyes and lower cheeks. All I want is some volume in these 2 areas. He talks me into doing other areas. I'm so stupid I trust him because I think he's a doctor and he should knows more than me. Big mistake, I'm so glad that I never let him revision my face. With all my heart I hope your face will get better with time. Emvicky21
Emvicky21 , please if u find out some procedure how to get rid of those knots, let me know? Whenever that may be? I am considering eye job or if I find some laser posibly capable of dissolving them??? I will also let u know if something works for me :)
Zaki, Thinking to go see a plastic surgeon give me a nightmare. I certainly will let you know if there is something out there.
Hey guys,don't listent to him to come to his offece for any revision,I did once 3 month ago,he perfromed liposuction to my cheeks and temples,trust me I don't get any improvment at all,he failed again and I still had to pay him for the revision.All I'm saying is not about the money,I'm still very angry whenever I look at myself in the mirror,I have to suffer from this every day and I don't know whether I'm going to get the desire result or not,but I 'll definitely keep trying revisions,but not Dr Young any more,this is my sencond time bad experience with Dr Young,STAY AWAY FROM HIM.
Thank you everyone for sharing your story and your bad results with dr. Young. Ours story will help other people to choose who they want for their doctor.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

As I read these stories I am so sad for everyone, but also glad that I insisted he cut his intended volume to be injected in my procedure in half. I can't imagine what I would have looked like. Even though my face is still rounder than normal and a little asymetrical. I know it could have been so much worse!! I hope everyone is able to get some resolution at some point, but definitely stay away from Dr. Young!! Good luck!
Thank you Amimjger, for everything you're said here, is exactly what I'm wanted to say.
emvicky21, has your face improved at all?? Do you think you will consider going to another surgeon for revision? I wish you the best!
My face had went down a lot. But still not ok. Left side still bigger than right side. I'm not going to see other surgeon for revision. I don't want to take chances with my face anymore, I am really scared. Thank you for your concerned.
Hi Bothell5283, I'm sorry you had a bad surgery like me. I have a good news for you. It will melted. I never go back to see dr. Young after my 6 months post. I listened to dr. Sam Naficy and waited for 3 years. My injected fat had melted a lot. But my left face still bigger than right face. I look better and feel way better now. I need 4-6 more months then I think I will be ok. You'll be ok just wait. I know it not easy. Good luck!
We always try our best to support our patients and clients. If you look at our home page Our Mission is to provide unwavering quality care to improve people's lives through Facial Plastic Surgery and the YoungVitalizer. As emvicky21 had stated the doctor she went to see told her to wait as we are sure we did as we always do. For all of our patients, we give them multiple options and we explain to them that they can have us inject steroids or even carry out micro liposuction to reduce any areas that might need reduction. Watchful waiting can help as it will come down overtime. Also if you try to reduce the volume too early it can cause asymmetries and remove the volume that you want to keep. Generally, if you still don't like the volume after 3 months we would consider taking the volume down more at this time than before this point. We work hard for our patients. Many times, we are here before 6am to get people ready and we are here late at nights taking care of people like these clients (often until 10pm at night). Dr. Young gives his personal cell phone to all of the patients we do procedures on and they have the means to reach him any time of the day through phone calls or text messaging. We invite you to find out if other doctors that you talk with offer this same thing. We also have a 24 hour answering service that can reach our doctors at any time of the day. Dr. Young has a follow up protocol that goes above and beyond most approaches. We have you come back the very next day and often times many days during that first week. If you find that there are better follow up care protocols please tell us and we would love to improve what we do. This same approach to taking care of people and being conscientious and considerate goes beyond our work environment. Dr. Young also regularly goes on medical missions with the organization Face to Face, the humanitarian arm of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He recently went to Vietnam in November of 2013. He has also gone to Vietnam previously as well as Linyi, China. He plans to do this regularly every 1-3 years. In terms, of quality care, we try to meet every week, in an all office meeting, to discuss the previous week items | issues and we go through a well prepared meeting to find and discuss ways to improve our patient care. In terms of the comments, we think of some of these reviews like a situation that you would have with a friend | acquaintance. It has always been our approach, as we have learned from our fathers, mothers, teachers, mentors, etc. that you should do on to others as you would have them do on to you. With people you know, we have learned since we were all young that it is better to approach your friend | acquaintance directly with issues you are having with them instead of bringing them to the attention of other friends | acquaintances not involved or peripherally involved. When others are involved first, many people would agree that many times the situation gets worse and it can also be viewed as unfair to the person you are talking about. We invite any patients | clients if they are having issues, please let us know first. We want to help. These situations can easily be corrected. For example emvicky21, we invite you to come in and have us help you. We are only hearing of these issues from these forums and not from you directly. We want the best for you. If you are still having volume issues, we can help reduce it to match what you desire. Dr. Young has discovered a theory on Facial Beauty that has received the Sir Harold Delf Gillies Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and scored the number one score on the written exam on his Boards when he took the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Board Exam. He is a great candidate to finish what he started. But, we have to be given a chance just like one of your friends | acquaintances | family members. Also the same advice and procedures that Dr. Young and his staff gives to patients is the same advice and procedures that we do for our friends and family. There are many examples of this on our website. The procedures and care we give to our patients is the same we would do for our family and friends. I think this can really say a lot about how we approach what we do. We invite you to reach out to us with any questions and issues on our contact page which reaches all of our staff. We have a conscientious and caring staff that goes out of their way to take care of our patients and clients. We would love for you to find out more about us. We hope to hear from you soon! Sincerely, Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery
I don’t recommend Dr. Young in lower facelift. The technique he uses leaves a submental scar that –in my case- was very disfiguring and noticeable. The scar pulled the sides of my cheek leaving ridges and lines that persisted for more than two years. I had to have revision by one of the top facial plastic surgeons with decent experience in the facelift. He does not use the submental approach and does not leave a scar beneath the chin. After the revision, he told that your first surgeon was very conservative and did not lift the deep tissues enough and this has resulted in tissue laxity within less than two years. Dr. Young may be a good doctor but he lacks experiences in this and I do not recommend him in this area. He tries to sell you on the idea that he "discovered" the theory on facial beauty and has nothing to do with HAND SKILLS. Look for experienced surgeons.
Thanks for replying. If you are a real patient please contact us and let us know who you are. We would love to help you. However, Facelift advisor sounds like someone in the field and possibly a competitor of mine. We do realize that Dr Young's theory on beauty, training background, and other facts such as Dr Young scoring the number one score on his written exam on the facial plastic and reconstructive board exam in the whole country do attract a lot of patients to our office. From this we are also aware that some of his competitors may not like this. We still wish them the best. Also negative comments don't really help anyone. We try to be positive with everything we do. Again, please reach out to us if you are a patient or somehow let us know who you are so we can know this is a real comment from a real patient.
Also we try to have the best patient care. Everyone of Dr Young's patients gets his personal cell phone so they can reach him. We do this so people can feel at ease. We want to have the best patient care. If you find a doctor that is doing more or better please email us and we will do our best to learn from that, incorporate that, or make it better in our own way. Our mission is to provide unwavering quality care to improve people's lives through Facial Plastic Surgery and the Youngvitalizer.
I had to read this twice! Are you implying that a high score on a test makes you a skilled plastic surgeon? That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Dr. Young is a nice and seemingly caring physician but he absolutely needs more experience in some areas!! I will assume that there are more unhappy patients than we even know about.
And not recommend dr. Young doing fat transfer neither. He lacks of skills, experiences and doesn't have the esthetic eyes.
I don't agree with you. Dr. Young did a facelift for me and it went fine. There were some minor issues I addressed to him. He was very responsive and asked for photos (because I am out of town). I am sticking to Dr. Young as I feel he is experienced and professional. Techniques vary and patients experiences are different.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-