The Date is Set for my Smartlipo Procedure - Bellevue, WA

I'm getting Smartlipo on my hips.I literally have...

I'm getting Smartlipo on my hips.I literally have fat pockets sitting over my hip area. I've done lots of cardio, every hip toning exercise, and have watched what I ate for almost two years with no results.

I decided to set up a consultation with Dr. Levy in Bellevue/Redmond. I've done my research and he seems to be the "it doctor" for Smartlipo in Washington. I found other Doctors that claimed to be experts in Smartlipo but I didn't see enough reviews or photos to support there claims.

After my consultation with Dr. Levy, I decided to move forward with the procedure. The date for my procedure is set for 3 weeks from tomorrow.

I hope this will be helpful for others. I will keep updating before and after the procedure.

Day before my smartlipo procedure

I'm as ready as I can be. I feel a little anxious and I just want to get it over! I want to see what my hips will look like post the procedure. Last week I had a pre procedure appointment to take before photos, go through what to expect during and after the procedure and get my prescriptions. I was also told to stay hydrated and not to drink or smoke a week before the procedure. I will update again after the procedure is done.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Good luck with your upcoming procedure. I hope it all goes well and you have a smooth recovery. Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Post Smartlipo

It's been 5 days since my procedure and feel fine today. I'm a little sore in my hip area but I expected that. Beneath the bruising and swelling (which has gone down ALOT) I'm starting see a difference. I'm wearing the a compression suit for the next 2 weeks to help the welling go down. It's uncomfortable and itchy but it must be worn.

My experience was rough the first 2 days after smartlipo. I never felt extreme pain but I think the meds I got made me a little paranoid and crazy. I bled non stop for the first 24 hours right through my bed sheets, car seat and on my carpet. Day 2 the bleeding suddenly stopped, thank god! I was paranoid I was going to bleed to death (I blame the meds for that.) Overall, I think I would I would do it again though. :)
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon